Question about a female rotts heat cycle... Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Question about a female rotts heat cycle...

Question about a female rotts heat cycle...

He'll everyone. My name is mike. I have a 14 month old rott female named Baya. She's practically my daughter lol. Anyway quick question. So her first heat. We'll the first time blood was visible from her area was June 19. This stopped around the middle of Kyle. SO my understanding is tat around now exactly 6 moths later she should be going a again? Do is it pretty preside or can it differ and of so much? Thank you in advance. Also I
    Planning on breeding her after the 3 or 4
    Cycle. May get her fixed after that. But I just like I get all the info I can down to the last bit thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question about a female rotts heat cycle...-image.jpg   Question about a female rotts heat cycle...-image.jpg  

I'd talk to her breeder about the heat cycles...they can vary but generally they'll go into heat on average every 6 months - though not EXACTLY every 6 months.

Please don't breed her until she's at least 3 years old and you've had the proper health testing done - hips and elbows - there are so many health problems in the breed with folks not doing any health testing.

What does your contract with the breeder say about breeding her?
    Anne
    Forever mom to:
    Phoenix's Cabaret Lady RN, CGC (Neelah)
    A Little Xtra Jolt O'Java RA, CGC (Jayda)

At the Bridge -
    my heart dog, the one who started it all:
    North East's Oxford Scholar CD, RN,CGC, TT (Ben) 4/16/99 - 6/20/11
    and his nemesis -
    Ace Fighter Pilot (Baron) ~9/4/2001 - 11/23/11

hi mdolan. nice pics!

please take rottiemom's advice and have her hips and elbows looked at before breeding her. good luck and may you have many healthy puppies.

Thanks for the replies...

Thanks or the replies. I will just wait until she messes up my floor spotting lol. She's already ha her hips
    Check. She's good in that area. We exersice together a lot. Feed her we'll. as far as the breeder. She was a
    Gift from an ex of mine. I do have her registered and have her pedigree certificate and all. But as far as
    I know it doesn't look like she
    COMES
    From any kind of champion bloodline. I don't know much about this though. Everyone of my friends and family just love her and the way I trained her and just her natural
    Beauty and attributes so it will be no issue finding good homes for the pups. And yea she will probably n close to 3 when I choose to breed. I have whelmed 3 litters in the past. Friends
    Dogs and once from my fathers rottweiler a few years back. She's not with us anymore. Unfortanelty she died. Not exactly sure why. I do know her nack legs have out in the end. BUT she was a
    15 year old rott! So might have been old aw. She wasn't papered
    Or really
    Checked
    Out much by a vet. I'm different. I'm much more into the health and care and training of a good dog and healthy lifestyle. Not that you need paperwork to do that but it doesn't hurt. Espesially to certify good
    BONes and health. I am very excited to breed but currently she lives with my father a few
    Blocks away where I live where I can't have a dog now. After I left my
    EX
    A
    FEw
    MONTHS ago. Long
    Story short I am saving up now and searching for a
    CLOSE place that allows dogs and move in an get my baby back under the same
    Roof. On that note. I see her once or twice a week. Very busy with work. She's always very excited to see
    Me. I don't agree with the food to dad feeds. Benefyl!ew. But nothing I can say can hangs that. He's doing me the favor of watchin her. He takes
    Good care
    Though. Anyway I say at latest
    By
    May I'll have a place. She still listens to my
    and commands. Sit. Lay. Come. Stay. Roll over jump. Give hugs kisses
    And my
    Favorite. Bang
    Bang

And she rolls
    Over ad plays dead lol. I just worry she will forget me and become custom living with my
    Father. Is tha true. ? Or will se always only
    Seer
    AS HER father/owner. ? It upsets me to think about it sometimes. But I have to do what I have to do in my current situation. I'd like to hear opinions on this. Thanks everyone. And sorry about the spelling my pone is a little wacky;(

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question about a female rotts heat cycle...-image.jpg   Question about a female rotts heat cycle...-image.jpg  

Do you know what you will have to give up once you breed your dog? Pretty much EVERYTHING...you cannot leave mom and pups alone at all for the first 4-5 weeks - do you have a network of people to help you when you have to go to work? Do you have the finances available for anything that may arise before during and after breeding the dog and until the pups are 8 weeks old and ready to go to homes? Do you have more than enough people lined up already for puppies?

It could cost you anywhere from $5000 or more to make sure everyone is safe and healthy before the pups leave home...do you have that already saved up? Do you know of ANY landlords/property owners that will allow you to breed dogs on their property?

At 14 months old you cannot have an OFA hip rating - that is done at 2 years of age or older. An xray from the local vet does not count, and it certainly does not count if the local vet palpates her hips and checks range of motion - that means nothing to a GOOD ethical breeder.

Please do not breed your dog - from the sounds of it, you're barely ready to have your dog in your life 100% - what will you do if the bottom falls out again and you've got a brand new litter of puppies you cannot move out of your house?

Have her spayed and love her for what she is - a great family pet. Leave the breeding to the professionals.
    lola-the-rottie13 likes this.
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

Ugh. Always some preacher. There is no professional she's my dog. My best friend. I know what I'm doing more than 95 percent of the world perhaps. I have plenty to sell the puppies too and I would get the puppies tails cut and initial deworming and shots and that costs total about 75 bucks a pup for me so yes I have plenty of money. More like the 1000 total to costs for feed and medical thing to breed a dog. Magnetic more than that but yes I have a good job and make money
    Just in search of a new place to live. She'll be with me and I will breed her properly and everything will be great. And if there are problems along the way that's life. Ant preach to someone about breeding a pet of theirs is just annoying. Ok we'll educated and have done it few times no problems. As we'll as several other animals. So I think I'm good but thanks for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdolan0408 View Post
    Ugh. Always some preacher.
    I'm not preaching...just stating facts. I volunteered for rottie rescue and cleaned up messes from BYB for many years...there are too many dogs of ANY breed in shelters without people breeding because they love their dogs and because they are pretty...but I've said my piece and offered OPINIONS and answered your questions...but I don't know crap so I'll just stop talking and let you, the professional do whatever you want.

Since you know so much about breeding dogs, why'd you have to ask about her heat cycle> Shouldn't you know that answer?
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

Yes in fact I do know the answer. I have read more then you can imagine as we'll as
    Been there for it. But this is a new forum and this is my first dog that's all mine and not mymfamilysmmi like to many opinions and answers. Which is why I know what I'm doing. IN fact you don mind. I also wanted to know since my dad has had my dog until I get a place. He took his do to be soayed last week. Long story but sometimes I wonder even though I told him not too if he would do it to mine. Would it be very noticeable to me that she's been soayed. Such as the scar there supposed to have. I mean for the first few weeks it has to be obvious right? I ask this and my previous question because I thought basically every 6 months is a cycle. My girl got her first cycle at 8 months old. Which means now she's almost 15 weeks and bleeding and starting heat would ensure me that itnhasent happens. Again long story. But there's no harm on asking many times and researching. And I said I can more than easily find a good home for all the puppies and that's my responsibility. As we'll as care for them and my dog as we'll.

not only would there be a scar but her belly would be shaved - from right at her vulva to near her sternum and across the abdomen - THAT would be very obvious for several weeks. MOST dogs cycle every 6-9 months - it is not like exact. If she hasn't had a heat cycle or you cannot tell, then she should be seen by a vet as a pyometra (uterine infection) could be fatal and spaying her with a very expensive emergency surgery is the only way to correct that. SOME dogs also are VERY clean and their heat cycle is barely noticeable...

Unless you are seeing her every day, it can be hard to tell if they are in heat. OBVIOUS signs are swelling of vulva...
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

Thank you rott mom. That was very helpful. So I'm pretty sure shes not. My father hopefully wouldn't do that to me. I know when she goes into heat. The signs I mean. She bled a lot in her first. We'll spotting like when she layed down or slept for a while. But she was good at cleaning up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast