Osteosarcoma in the jaw Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Osteosarcoma in the jaw

Osteosarcoma in the jaw

Osteosarcoma in the jaw-zeb-cancer.jpgOsteosarcoma in the jaw-zeb-cancer-2.jpgOsteosarcoma in the jaw-zeb.jpg

Here are pictures of our beloved Zeb with osteosarcoma of the jawbone. You can see just how painful it must have been for him. This cancer has usually metastasized by the time it is diagnosed and is very aggressive. We discovered the cancer in October and when he took him in to the vet she gave us all the options and then told us that we would be better off taking him home and to just enjoy him. That is what we decided to do until he stopped eating, which was in February. Having to put him down was one of the hardest things we have ever had to do.

The last picture is of Zeb in October when he was first diagnosed and you couldn't really see the tumor. He was almost 10 years old when we put him down.
    Jan

He was a beautiful boy....when we had to put our boy Dakota down (one year ago this Aug 19th) it crushed me. I still have a hard time reflecting...he was one of a kind...and I would be lucky to have another one like him in my lifetime.
    On a positive note...we did meet the nicest "Hospice Vet" who came to our house to end Dakota's suffering. He was with us at home...in my lap...and went in peace.
    kaza and Aisha Al Midfa like this.

OMG that brings tears to my eyes, FL Cracker, just hearing that! I would have loved to have a "Hospice Vet" come to our house. I have never heard of this before. I will have to check into it. I so agree with you about being lucky enough to have another one like him. May ALL our rotties that have passed rest in peace and live forever in our hearts and minds! Amen
    Jan

I lost my Bubba on 07/17/10 from old age. He was 15. I miss him every day of my life.

Zeb was a beautiful boy, and I hope he, Dakota and Bubba are together enjoying an afterlife.
    Aisha Al Midfa likes this.

i am so sorry =( its too hard to even think about it, i know hes in a better place with my dogs up there too,,
    Akira, Gone but always by my side.

R.I.P. Zeb .

Rottiesrule, that is a very long time for a rottie to live. How wonderful that you were able to enjoy him for so long, but all the harder to lose him. I am hoping that Maddy, who just turned 11 yrs. old on July 6th, will live that long or longer. She has arthritis, but other than that she is healthy.
    Jan

Thank you Aisha and Angela. Zeb was one of a kind.
    Jan

Zeb was so handsome. I never saw anything like that. I wish we really knew why so many rotties and other breeds get cancer like they do.
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.
    For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

I wish I knew too, unfortunately cancer seems to be very prevalent in rottweilers. They must be predisposed to getting cancer, I guess. I was hoping that by feeding a raw diet instead of kibble, that it would help, but my husband said that perhaps it did help, who knows, Zeb may have gotten cancer sooner in life had he not had a raw diet. All I know is, it is so hard to see your pet get this awful disease and see how quickly it can take them. It's just not fair.
    Jan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast