Help looking for a breeder in Ontario or Quebec Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help looking for a breeder in Ontario or Quebec

Help looking for a breeder in Ontario or Quebec

Hey there. I was just wondering if anyone knew a reputable breeder in Ontario or Quebec.

I've been looking into the rotweiller breed and doing my research and I've made the decision I would like to have a rotweiller as my companion. If anyone has any information or tips for breeders I'd love to hear!

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Vasfor is in Ontario.
    Audrey
    AKC CH Darkstarr's Heart and Soul aka Panzer
    AKC CH Queen Vom Vollenhaus BH(2006-2013 RIP)
    Dani von der Donnerbrucke BH CGC
    Thor von Eisenhart BH CGC Godspeed and RIP
    Cimaron 6/01/1996-8/08/2007

I think reputable means the breeder does more then just breeds dogs. They should be active in shows or sports. I'm looking for another Rottweiler. And I searched the recommendation.

Their about us page: Welcome to Vasfor Rottweilers

Been in the breed since 1994. But the breeder himself has never titled a dog in show or any sports titles. Typical lazy greeder has one or two champions not from their breeding and they claim to be successful. Not!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Their website hasn't been updated since 2014. Websites are pricey to maintain if you can't do any of it yourself, but they ought to since web business is becoming more and more prevalent. They look to breed for soundness according to their statement at least. If someone isn't looking for a show dog or performance dog, they might be fine.

My advice for Tbeez is to make sure the parents are sound and of good temperament. If they have good temperaments you should be able to interact with them. I got my first 2 Rotties as pups many years ago, but only adopt now, so I'm not familiar with anything besides hip certification. It's important both parents have excellent hips. Hip replacement is a fortune (but is totally worth it if you have a dog that needs it. Dogs with hip replacement surgery come out good as new.)

Tbeez, if you want a companion dog, I don't know if the show and accomplishment background is as pertinent to your needs. Healthy and sound with a good temperament is basically the foundation you'll build on. Health problems are not only difficult and costly but very painful to deal with.
    Sheera'smom and Andrea52 like this.

There's always rescue rotties needing a good home!!
    Steph King and Andrea52 like this.

I have no clue who the hell you are before making coments about what a breeder has done or not you should really do your dam home work. I have many can champions that I have produced shown and titled my self. Have produced national winners in both sieger shows that I have shown and titled my self. Even on my old profile here I have some from before I haven’t been on this list in a long time but I sure advise you to do your dam home work. You can chech the history of this list as well for my past wins as well just because I haven’t updated my web page has no baring
    Vasfor rottweilers
    V1 rated Faro bear von vasfor
    TSMPP V1 kovu von vasfor
    Ch Briere Indean summer
    V Rated Isis Von Vasfor

Super Moderator
    This thread is 4 years old. Not sure why you decided to pop in now ?? Why don't you give us the name of your dogs linked to the OFA site? Then the members can see that hips,elbows,eyes and heart have all been done and the CHIC number is there?
    Eirian's Fancy Gem CGN TT HIC (April 2009-August 2020) "Jemma"

big black dogs Vasfor is in Canada. Canadian breeders typically do not use OFA.
    Audrey
    AKC CH Darkstarr's Heart and Soul aka Panzer
    AKC CH Queen Vom Vollenhaus BH(2006-2013 RIP)
    Dani von der Donnerbrucke BH CGC
    Thor von Eisenhart BH CGC Godspeed and RIP
    Cimaron 6/01/1996-8/08/2007

Super Moderator
    I'm in Canada...and all of the good breeders that I know do use OFA...and have links right to the results on their websites. If they don't use OFA they must be using something else...for hips and elbow scores...eyes and heart are OFA. If you are breeding in Canada and the USA...then OFA is what is used. If the dog comes from another country...then those scores should be posted. Try looking up Esmond Rottweilers - Rottweiler Breeder | Champion and Working Rottweilers | Site includes: Rottweiler Puppies, Rottweiler Stud Dog, Rottweiler Information All the details are there...no need to look...most breeders are proud to put the health results right on their websites.

Super Moderator
    Just tried to look up Vasfor Rottweilers, and there is not any website. The only dogs I found on google were titled years ago 10- 14 years. Not sure if there is any new information?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast