Interesting Article Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By big black dogs

Thread: Interesting Article

Super Moderator

QuestionInteresting Article

I read this and thought I would post it. It does seem that some of the breed is going toward that flat nosed bully looking breed...it's become fashionable . Too bad it also leads towards health problems.

https://www.rottweilermagazine.club/...&cn-reloaded=1
    Andrea52 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

The ones I've seen online lately look like very large pugs..........not a fan

Interesting article, thanks for posting. I always thought of the Rottweiler as an athletic working dog, it's a shame to take the breed away from that direction. There is nothing athletic looking about a big blocky dog (head and body). It is a shame that it will lead to more dogs with health issues (breathing issues etc for misshapen heads) and (likely joint issues for overweight blocky bodied dogs). Good to see that they are updating the breed standard description to be more detailed in what is acceptable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Great article. Thanks for posting it. Comments about temperament Within the breed standard were pretty interesting to hear. Not sure how or when rottiies became therapy dogs but it was mentioned several times. Well worth the read.

Ugh! I don't like the look either. If I wanted a Bulldog, I'd get one. Rotties should have normal noses. You're right, it'll lead to health problems, just the other breeds with breathing problems and short snouts.

+ Reply to Thread