Corona Virus - Page 4 Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Corona Virus

We find if he's with the other dogs he's fine - but not crated. I don't know why, we worked to acclimatize him to the crate and for awhile it was okay, but he took to cocking his leg and peeing outside of the wire crate, even if he'd just been outside and peed a bunch. We got an airline closed crate and he'd just pee all over himself in there.

So, he's loose in the second bedroom with Neb, and Xerxes is crated because Agis can be a bit boisterous with play and Xerxes is half Agis's size.

Perhaps that's a bad thing, that we didn't solidify him in a crate, but this is what works. He's fine if we leave with that configuration. We had to fool around a bit to come to that.

And since all his crates are now too big to fit in the wagon with actual dogs inside as well, we can't even crate him when we go away. But he has no accidents this way and knows to sit to be let out of the bedroom (we have an extra tall gate that he could clear, but doesn't, so we aren't going to complain about that).

Oh yes the bugs! Ugh! I figured they'd be bad, it's June. We have loaded up on PiActive, find it works as well/better than Deet, but isn't toxic - our vet receptionist was saying she even uses it on her dogs (I might spray their ears).

I AM looking forward to teaching Agis to swim - we've got some floating toys that should be perfect for chasing into the lake!

And thanks! Congrats on 44 years!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

And look at these dorks: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWdp2Jniz1/
    big black dogs likes this.

Happy Anniversary! We will be celebrating our 31st next month!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! Happy Anniversary in advance! 31, wow.

You guys are all marriage inspiration

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Agis View Post
    Thanks! Happy Anniversary in advance! 31, wow.

You guys are all marriage inspiration
    Inspiration!!!?? Not sure about that??? You are still a newlywed....let us know how things are in 15 years. LOL Sometimes I think marriage is just perseverance, and waiting to see who will die first...hehehehehe!

Hee hee!

We've been living together for...11 years? Don't remember anymore. So were common-law for a fair bit before legal marriage. But yes, still not that long.

Toby was 46 when we got married (well, 45...his birthday is the day after our wedding anniversary, he wanted to get married on his birthday so he'd never forget our anniversary...but it was a Sunday and I did not want to get married on a Sunday). I am ten years younger - so the one regret I have is that we likely won't make it to our 50th (unless he's VERY long-lived!).

We always joke it's been the longest five years of our lives! hahah!

There is no evidence that animals play an important role in the spread of COVID-19. Based on the limited information available so far, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to humans is considered low. However, because all animals can carry disease-causing pathogens to humans. So it's better to follow healthy habits when living with pets and other animals.

Wash your hands after handling animals, food, waste or their supplies.
    Keep good pet hygiene, clean and properly clean them.
    Talk to your veterinarian if you have any questions about your pet's health.
    Note that children 5 years old and younger, those with weakened immune systems, and older adults are more likely to get bacterial illness in some animals.
    Capp likes this.

I read somewhere that big cats can catch corona. As to how easily they can pass it on to humans.... I know not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234