Corona Virus Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Corona Virus

Super Moderator

Unhappy Corona Virus

I hope everyone get through this horrible ordeal that is going around the world!
    So far, we are healthy as are my adult kids, and their spouses and my grandkids. The grandkids just started March Break...and it's been extended for 3 weeks..and maybe longer?
    It helps that we live out in the country...and have no problems 'self isolating'...I often don't get out for a week at a time anyway...so it's not a problem.
    We are usually well stocked up with food and TP ….because we are used to not shopping often. I did stock up on kid approved foods...because our grandkids will be spending
    more time with us. Going to be hard for parents to keep kids busy for 3 weeks with most things closed. We always make maple syrup around this time of year...so I will put the grandkids to work
    collecting sap from the buckets.

My dog boarding business will close probably till May? This is usually one of the busiest times for me...people going on holidays and leaving me their dogs. Most of them canceled just before drop off, or have cut their holiday short and picked up early. I have a few dogs left with owner's that are trying desperately to get flights home.

I hope everyone stays healthy...and if they do have to stay home and self isolate...that they at least get to spend time with their dogs.<G>
    Frieda likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

This is something, isn’t it

I live in the southern portion of Middle Tennessee, like you, out in the country. I am fully retired and make it to town once a week for my chiropractor appointment. DH still works full time as the parts manager for a Ford dealership - a lot of exposure but could be much worse. I worry for him as he has a stent from a heart attack and his prostate cancer surgery is only 15 months old. We try to eat healthy and drink a lot water.

Washing hands and practicing cleanliness has always been a way of life for me, having been raised on a small dairy farm that sold milk commercially. I have always kept rubbing alcohol, listerine/water, and Dawn dish soap at my barn, lollol

So far, neither the county we live in, nor where DH works has had anyone with the virus but there are 31 on record in the state. While not mandatory, the governor has urged all local schools and universities to close until March 30th. Organizations are now scrambling to figure out how to feed children whose only meals are at school - how awful is that - children not having any food at home.

Nashville has become a big party center the last several years and their mayor has asked the bars and other businesses to close down. The ramifications of that could be devastating in terms of lost wages.

The idea of “social distancing” is a good one, along with practicing good hygiene. It’s amazing to me how often the news media seems to have to keep preaching about washing hands, HOW to wash them, and what to use.

Best we can all hope for is that it runs its course sooner than later and never returns.

MAPLE SYRUP!?!? You’re maple syrup is running! Ahh you lucky dog! There is a neat little old time town in NE Ohio with a huge square full of maple trees. The trees get tapped and every year they hold a maple syrup festival with everything under the sun made out of maple syrup. They also give tours of the syrup making process. That’s up home and ten hours is too far for me to go back for that

BBD I was at my chiropractor’s satellite office yesterday; I’ve been going there for several months as it is much quieter, less traffic, therefore way less drama in the waiting room where “everybody knows your name” to quote the Cheers theme song.

Of course Covid19 came up in the doctor’s and my conversation. He commented he ran into a friend who lives in a neighboring county who is sure he had Covid19 way back in the middle of Fall - before it was ever being discussed. He thinks that due to the aches and extreme difficulty breathing. His doctor chalked it up to a bad reaction to “a flu virus”. It took the man about three weeks to recover to normal.

This lends credence to my own theory that this Trojan Horse was long out of the barn before anyone discovered it. To-date neither my county nor this particular neighboring county have any formal Covid19 diagnoses. My chiropractor wonders if it hasn’t already made its run thru our area and never got caught because it wasn’t known about and because we are fairly rural —- nobody visits us and most of us don’t do much gallivanting, lollol
    Andrea52 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    I also wonder if Covid-19 has already been around? I always get the flu shot and does my family. Since our grandchildren were born..we have worried to either catch their kid germs...or passing things to them. Have not had the flu in years...since getting the flu vaccine yearly. This year not only did I get the flu in mid-January...but was so sick! Both of our grandkids and their dad (who all got the flu shot) were sick also. I got it from them!! I still have a tickly cough that shows up once in awhile. I was so sick...cough, high fever for days, chills, aches, no energy. A friend of mine also got sick with the flu as did all of her family around Christmas time. They also had gotten their annual flu shot. In Canada it's free...and you can get the shot at most pharmacies from end of Oct. to March. Either this years flu vaccine was a dud ...or something else was going around? Who knows?

Our area has reporting people with it...but we knew because people are returning from vacation in Florida, and ski holidays in Europe, and Mexico. Now things are starting to show up. Not everyone showing symptoms are being tested...only the people that need hospitalization. Others are told to self isolate.
    Hope everyone stays safe...and healthy.
    Frieda likes this.

Hope everyone is well and not going stir crazy.

Senior shopping hour is 6:00 AM, on Tuesday’s only, in my area. That’s a pretty rough time for folks who can barely let the dog out at that hour.

DH was not happy when Walmart opened the doors and found the shelves were not fully stocked. Their one pack toilet paper per person couldn’t even be filled if every senior in the store needed some. Produce and milk products were almost non existent - what was there was a poor selection. No peanut butter at all. He had to finish shopping at Publix but they were also out of peanut butter.

He still works and ended up going in nearly three hours late. I couldn’t go because if the horses; one is Cushings and needs his meds on time.

That segways into the vet calling me this AM to move the Cushings horse’s blood work out to April 9th. The lab sent them a letter explaining this type of bloodwork is, non-critical ATM and may not get spun & read. This one blood test is to check cortisol levels and costs ~$80. The vet facility wanted me to have the choice of risking doing the test tomorrow or moving it out two weeks — we moved it out two weeks.

Oh - the peanut butter? DH found some at Food Lion today

I’ll be glad when this is over and people’s lives can go back to whatever’s normal for each of us::
    Andrea52 likes this.

I cannot wait for this to be over. I've been working from home for almost two weeks, Toby got sent home (retail; he still has a job but his employer ceased in-store operations) a week and a half ago and today is his last day being paid - he's laid off as of tomorrow - so we shall see how quickly his Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit or Employment Insurance comes through. I'm grateful I'm still working.

We're fully stocked, and stuff like toilet paper we stocked up on extra a month ago because I had a feeling. Lots of staples.
    Frieda likes this.

Super Moderator
    This social isolation crap is getting old!! I miss my grandkids! I have no dogs to board..and the day is so LONG! Hubby is getting on my last nerve...too much togetherness! Hahaha!
    Sorry to hear that Toby is not working...and hopefully you will keep your job. I think with the warm weather...life will be a bit easier. We still have snow on the ground...but my crocus are coming up.
    Stay safe everybody!!
    Frieda likes this.

The whole thing with the toilet paper got ridiculous fast! It's very quiet in my area and great for doing dog walks. If this thing grinds on for a couple months or longer, I am going to be in serious financial stress.
    Be well people....

check this out. It's from South Park almost 15 years ago! Remind you of anything we are experiencing today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtieePLkV4

Super Moderator
    How is everyone managing?? Still hanging in? It's been almost 2 months since I first posted on this thread. I hope everyone is well...and has stayed safe?
    Things are going to start getting a bit looser here in Ontario, Canada...starting this weekend. Home Depot and Canadian Tire will open their stores (hubby will be happy), and garden centers, etc. will open.
    I live in a rural area...our closest small town has had some positive cases...but nothing that the hospital could not handle. It's the nursing homes in Ontario that really got hit bad...very sad for the seniors to have to die alone. ):

We have had one of the coldest Aprils in history, and May so far has been cold also...we are expecting some wet flurries for Friday and Saturday. Crazy! The cold weather has kept people indoors and from not congregating too much. Not sure what will happen when things finally warm up??

Not sure when things will be back to 'normal', or if they ever will? We will just have to get used to doing things differently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast