Scary storm Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scary storm

Scary storm

So Toby had today off, and I made an appointment this afternoon to go to framer (we have some paintings we'd like reframed). Across town.

So, before we had to leave, around 3pm, we think - take the dogs out for a quick pee. Toronto's been in a prolonged heat wave, it had started to rain and was a bit windy but no problem. Get outside - the wind has picked up - driving the rain hard enough that the rain hurts. Lightening is right overhead. The wind gets worst as we round the building...I'm almost getting blown over, and I am NOT small. Apparently 100km/hr wind gusts. Agis is freaked, darting everywhere, Xerxes (our wee beagle) is scared - Neb (12 year old husky/beagle/lab/something else) is happily peeing, he DGAF - we see a tree in the yard get downed and are frantically yelling at each other but can't hear that we need to get back inside. We manage to make it back around the building and stagger in a door.

It was nuts. We rebooked our appointment. There was supposed to be 70mm of rain (which is...something...in inches. A lot) and where the place is located we'd need to go through low lying areas that tend to have flooding issues. We get a lot of once in a lifetime storms these days that often have bad flooding. Didn't want to drive.

Toby took some video from the balcony - it was worst than here, but it gives an idea. There was even a tornado warning, and there are NEVER tornado warnings in Toronto.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZJuwTn4Pf/

I did have to laugh though at Neb - he's always had confidence, but I don't know if it's age - "my pee stops for no-one or no thing" - but he was peeing happy as a clam.

We went for a walk once the storm was past (still hot and humid) and there were lots of trees down across cars. Why I'm glad we have underground parking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Yikes!! Sounds scary!! I saw the story on the news...it seemed to hit your area hard. Lots of downed trees, flooding, and power out.
    Glad that no one was hurt...and that Neb continued to pee with no problems..hahahaha!!!

Yes, it is hot and humid! Today is supposed to be worse that yesterday. It's been quite a few years since Ontario has been in a prolonged heat wave. It seems for the last few years...we get a few days of heat...some cold front comes in...big storm...it cools down...and then after a few days starts warming up again.
    Stay cool!!

It is supposed to be worse today. I think it's going to be getting up to feels like 41C. Just awful! You stay cool too. Thank goodness for AC!

It was scary. I saw on the news there was pretty bad flooding so I'm glad we rescheduled.

+ Reply to Thread