Not again...!!!!!!!! Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not again...!!!!!!!!

Not again...!!!!!!!!

First one in 1986, second one in 2012. It had been 26 years since I had surgery on the right wrist - well, today was the day and damn if it doesn't hurt! Ganglion cyst returned, and apparently with a vengeance! Surgeon said "it was a big one, took longer than I thought" Oh joy...

Have had 3 of the same surgeries on the left wrist - 84, 88 and 2008...it's like the damned Olympics but I'm not winning and medals!

This most recent cyst was more on the top of my hand than at the wrist - so I'm sure I'll have an ickier scar - I'm going to tell people I was attacked by an alligator or something - certainly more exciting than telling them it was the 5th surgery for the same damned thing!

Only thing I REALLY want to do is bend my wrist - but that won't happen for at least 3 days when big bandage comes off - I'm wrapped up in about an inch of bandages from my knuckles to about 3-4 inches from my elbow...and it ITCHES!

No pain meds - dammit <LOL> Seriously though, I left a message with the surgeons office and they called in a script for pain meds to a local pharmacy - but I can't drive! Mother in law will pick up tomorrow as she has to pick up meds for my father in law at same place - until then, arnica and ibuprofen on board, and I've got a small ice pack on my fingers as there is a little swelling - not from typing - all this was done with my very uncoordinated left hand and my pointer finger of my right hand!

Sucks to get old, but happy to have the 'thing' out of my wrist as it hurt - was putting pressure on nerves in ring and pinky finger of right hand...OUCH! I have one in my left wrist, but not causing any problems, so for now, it stays!
    Anne
    Forever mom to:
    Phoenix's Cabaret Lady RN, CGC (Neelah)
    A Little Xtra Jolt O'Java RA, CGC (Jayda)

At the Bridge -
    my heart dog, the one who started it all:
    North East's Oxford Scholar CD, RN,CGC, TT (Ben) 4/16/99 - 6/20/11
    and his nemesis -
    Ace Fighter Pilot (Baron) ~9/4/2001 - 11/23/11

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Wishing you a speedy recovery and also hoping this sugery will be the last for you. And remember Anne, we are NOT getting old... we are maturing!
    VP1 V3 Am/Can CH ROTT IRONS ZEST FOR LIFE V QUINTESSENTIAL CGCA, TDI, TT "ZIGGY"

VP1 V2 AKC Pointed ROTT IRONS ZIARA V QUINTESSENTIAL

Anja Vom Wilynholz CGC

Rescue Rottweiler ^Tyson^ 12/2009 - 10/18/2014

Min Pin Peanut

Dog ownership is like a rainbow. Puppies are the joy at one end. Old dogs are the treasure at the other.

Thank you! I know it won't be the last as I have a cyst in the left wrist - but that one will stay unless it starts causing pain...

Remembered I had Tramadol here so I took one last night - raided the 'dog pharmacy'! Helped me sleep but wrist is hurting today, which I expected. Yesterday everything was numb - almost all day!
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Hand is swollen, but can wiggle fingers, sort of make a fist without excruciating pain - more of an annoying discomfort. I'm sure swelling is preventing me from bending fingers more.

I have been essentially doing 'passive range of motion' exercises - using left hand to wiggle/bend/massage each finger individually, and trying to massage knuckles - can't get past knuckles because of bandage, but I guess that's a good thing!

The bandage comes off at 2:15 today - then wrapped in regular elastic bandage until sutures come out, possibly longer just to protect it. Definitely gonna use the laser at work to help speed healing!!
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

YAY, bandage off...! BOO and BLECH, incision looks like the number 7 - about an inch long from side to side along wrist, then about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches long diagonally towards pinky finger. NO WONDER it hurt so much! Supposed to bend wrist slowly, wiggle fingers, etc - I feel like a dog doing post-op cruciate rehab <LOL>!!

BEST PART is that I can get it wet - first thing I did when I got home was wash my hands with a yummy scented antibacterial hand soap!

I'd gross ya'll out with pictures, but it's just too icky!!!
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

Wish you a speedy recovery friend. I had been through similar situation some time back and I understand just how tough it would be to be through it, twice! I am sure things are going to be fine soon.

Quote Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
    Wish you a speedy recovery friend. I had been through similar situation some time back and I understand just how tough it would be to be through it, twice! I am sure things are going to be fine soon.
    TWICE? I wish! In 1984 I had my first. 1986 the second, and 1988 the third! Fourth was in 2008, and fifth was this one...!

STILL cannot bend wrist and there are days it just itches like crazy! I've been using Mederma cream several times a day and the scar looks much better, but I just want to bend my wrist!!!

BUT, no pain in the wrist due to the cyst - which is a big happy thing!
    Anne
    Forever mom to:

At the Bridge -
    and his nemesis -

Hope you heal fast. that surgery sounds painful to me. I have to have carpal tunnel surgery on both hands, but I'm putting it off. Fingers are getting numb now. And you're right, getting old ain't for sissies.

hang in there RMCT.

I'm wishing you a full recovery and i hope your pain ease's off. I've never had surgery,but i cracked my fibula bone when i was 13 years old.

Rottie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast