Hi! Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Camy

Thread: Hi!

Talking Hi!

Hey all,

We are due to be taking our new Rottweiler puppy home in 5 weeks time and i stumbled across the forums while trying to absorb as much info as i can between now and then!

We sadly lost our Lurcher a month or two ago (and our Greyhound a couple of years back) to old age so really looking forward to having a dog around again. It's been about 10 years since we had a puppy though so im only just remembering about all the chewing and other exploits

From what I've read on the forums already everyone seems nice (and helpful) so looking forward to sharing how we go and getting some tips.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forums!! Puppies are a ton of work, but so much fun. A Rottweiler pup may be different then what you are used to. With Rottweilers you must train, and train what you want right from the beginning. Be firm, but fair...and be a leader. Your pup will grow to be a big, strong dog...and you want to make sure that he/she grows to be a good citizen of the breed.

Post pictures when you get your pup...and ask away with any questions.
    Eirian's Fancy Gem CGN TT HIC (April 2009-August 2020) "Jemma"

Thanks mate, we are very conscious that our new Rottie will be very different to Max (our lurcher) in terms of quantity and quality of training!

Doing as much learning, refreshing and prep as I can over the next few weeks so that we can hit the ground running when he turns 8 weeks and comes home.

We've still got the crate we used for Buck the greyhound so will need to dig that out the loft (attic) before then too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! I have found the forums very helpful, I hope you do as well.

(I also had about 10, 11 years from my last puppy when we got Agis...and boy he was more trouble than I remembered puppies being!)

Enjoying all the posts so far thanks Agis, including the ones from you! Hopefully I'll not be too desperate for help and can just post some nice pics 🤣
    Agis likes this.

+ Reply to Thread