What should I feed my 3month puppy Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Agis

Thread: What should I feed my 3month puppy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1

    What should I feed my 3month puppy

    I have a 3 month old girl pup I have her on the instinct raw and kibble salmon brand but I am not satisfied with the results and she eats it but she doesnt really care for this food so I am noticing her coat isnt so shiny and she is growing tall and not filling out and her stool is always soft i have been recommended the following food: taste of the wild, victor, zignature kangaroo, and earth born what are your thoughts on those foods? Or a good brand to help her fill out and maintain a shiny coat. Please help!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,032
    She should be on a Large Breed Puppy food...with calcium not more than 1 and phosphorus around1...a 1:1 ratio or close. I would not start feeding Kangaroo..save that if you ever need a novel protein .
    Wellness, Orijen, Acana, Carnivora, Canidae as the Instinct Raw are all good kibbles. Make sure they are all Large Breed varieties of these foods. Some dogs don't like fish...try a food with chicken.

    How much food are you feeding?? Overfeeding often causes soft or loose stools. If she is gaining weight steadily..around 8- 10 lbs a month...she is growing fine. Rottweilers don't really chunk up till they mature...a puppy should look like a puppy.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    166
    We tried feeding Agis Fromm and he was so picky and took forever to finish, IF he did. On a trip away we ran out of food and bought some Acana (which we used to feed our adult dogs) and he LOVED it. So now we feed him Acana large breed puppy and he eats like a champ. We add a taurine supplement because of the DCM issue.
    big black dogs likes this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylatherottie203 View Post
    I have a 3 month old girl pup I have her on the instinct raw and kibble salmon brand but I am not satisfied with the results and she eats it but she doesnt really care for this food so I am noticing her coat isnt so shiny and she is growing tall and not filling out and her stool is always soft i have been recommended the following food: taste of the wild, victor, zignature kangaroo, and earth born what are your thoughts on those foods? Or a good brand to help her fill out and maintain a shiny coat. Please help!
    You should consult with your vet. Because your vet can make a diet that will keep your dog healthy and makes its fur shiny and strong. But don't overfeed your dog. And make sure you have enough protein in your dog's food. Protein can change the game of your dog's skin.

  7. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeversion View Post
    You should consult with your vet. Because your vet can make a diet that will keep your dog healthy and makes its fur shiny and strong. But don't overfeed your dog. And make sure you have enough protein in your dog's food. Protein can change the game of your dog's skin.
    Most vets push the food they sell. Usually it's Science Diet, or Royal Canin. These are grain based, overpriced foods...that are not really a good choice. Some vets tell the owners to feed what they see on t.v. commercials like Pedigree, or Purina,etc...again grain based, poor quality foods.

    Doing your own research, and learning how to read the ingredients on the back of a dog food bag, and getting educated in what goes into dog food is probably better than talking to your vet. The dog food companies are the ones that write the books on nutrition in vet school. Hill's and Science Diet give vet students free dog food, or food at very cheap prices to get them started pushing their products once they get out of vet school.

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    7
    At least the person who have posted it should get some basic idea from a vet. So that she doesn't screw up anything.

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by big black dogs View Post
    Most vets push the food they sell. Usually it's Science Diet, or Royal Canin. These are grain based, overpriced foods...that are not really a good choice. Some vets tell the owners to feed what they see on t.v. commercials like Pedigree, or Purina,etc...again grain based, poor quality foods.

    Doing your own research, and learning how to read the ingredients on the back of a dog food bag, and getting educated in what goes into dog food is probably better than talking to your vet. The dog food companies are the ones that write the books on nutrition in vet school. Hill's and Science Diet give vet students free dog food, or food at very cheap prices to get them started pushing their products once they get out of vet school.
    At least the person who have posted it should get some basic idea from a vet. So that she doesn't screw up anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts