Best Dog food to give your dog Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Dog food to give your dog

Best Dog food to give your dog

I am currently using Victor Hero Blend grain free
    Is there or are there better grain free dog foods to use ?
    I am happy with Victor so far but if there is a better food to give my dogs I would gladly switch over to
    Please let me know if I am giving my dogs the correct grain free dog food.
    Thank you and have a great day

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    It seems like a decent enough food. Are there better foods, probably? If your dog is doing well on it...then keep him on it. It is a bit low in calories 383 calories per cup.
    Does your dog have problems with different types of proteins? I like to switch my dogs foods. I stay with the same company....and the same type Acana Regionals...but try a different food with each bag.
    How much do your have to feed? I know other people with Rotts, Shepherds, Dobs, that are happy with the Victor food line.

Thank you for that insight and I will look into it.
    Also does anyone know what additional supplements I can give my dogs on top of their normal food intake ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CJRottie View Post
    Thank you for that insight and I will look into it.
    Also does anyone know what additional supplements I can give my dogs on top of their normal food intake ?
    Unless he has some type of problems such as arthritis, or skin dryness, digestion problems,etc. He really does not need any supplements. The dog food has all of the vitamins, minerals and glucosamine,etc in it. If you want to add some fresh foods to your dogs diet, then go ahead. You can add an egg (raw or cooked), a spoonful of natural plain yogurt, lean meat, canned sardines, some berries (blueberries, strawberries), melon, broccoli, zucchini, etc.

We feed Agis Acana, and because of the whole DCM/grain-free thing, we add supplemental taurine on top 1x/day.

+ Reply to Thread