Researchers Find No Link Between DMC And Grain Free Food Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Agis

Thread: Researchers Find No Link Between DMC And Grain Free Food

Super Moderator

Thumbs upResearchers Find No Link Between DMC And Grain Free Food

As I suspected all along.....the big dog food companies such as Purina, Royal Canin, Hill's, etc. were losing business from the smaller pet food companies that were using higher quality ingredients (more meats)...and made a big stink about nothing to improve business.

Researchers Find No Definitive Link Between DCM and Grain-Free Diets

IMO feed a dog food that is high in meats...the first 3 ingredients should be meat...as meat has taurine...you should have no problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

We've been feeding Agis Acana and supplementing with taurine - thanks for sharing this!

(Toby got regular puppy Acana last week, the goof, not the large-breed stuff...and we didn't realize until it was emptied into the bin...as Agis will likely top out around 60lbs, I'm not too fussed, but sigh)

Super Moderator
    Acana is a good food. I have fed Orijen/Acana to many dogs for many years...and never had a problem either. There are some good foods that contain grains, as are there some crappy 'grain free' foods. It's just a matter of learning how to read the ingredients list. I like that Champion Foods the maker of Orijen/Acana foods has it right on the bag, and on their website...how much actual meat/veggies/ carbs go into their foods by percentages. It should be mandatory for all pet foods to show on each bag.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Yes, we fed Acana for years beforehand - and Luc lived to 15.5, which for a GSD (likely mix, but high content GSD) is pretty darn good!
    big black dogs likes this.

+ Reply to Thread