Pet Food Recall Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Food Recall

read this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17650075/

here is the list of recalled food:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070317/...e/pet_food_rec all

and

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/

just to show all these long debates about dog foods. all made the same. well majority of it is.

Hi Guys,

Just saw this on the news:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...VNews/20070319 /pet_food_recall_070319/20070319?hub=TopStories

There is a major recall on lower grade pet foods that the media likes to dub "premium." Just an FYI to those who feed their pets the brands listed in the news article. A number of pets have died from kidney failure etc. directly related to these foods.

I am not sure if this recall is in the US as well... but the foods being recalled were produced in Kansas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

evrything ive read says the food was produced in Canada by the diamond company dint this company have trouble before?

list is as follows
    Dog Food
    <UL>
    <LI =textBlack>Americas Choice, Preferred Pets
    <LI =textBlack>Authority
    <LI =textBlack>Award
    <LI =textBlack>Best Choice
    <LI =textBlack>Big Bet
    <LI =textBlack>Big Red
    <LI =textBlack>Bloom
    <LI =textBlack>Bruiser
    <LI =textBlack>Cadillac
    <LI =textBlack>Companion
    <LI =textBlack>Demoulas Market Basket
    <LI =textBlack>Eukanuba
    <LI =textBlack>Food Lion
    <LI =textBlack>Giant Companion
    <LI =textBlack>Great Choice
    <LI =textBlack>Hannaford
    <LI =textBlack>Hill Country Fare
    <LI =textBlack>Hy-Vee
    <LI =textBlack>Iams
    <LI =textBlack>Key Food
    <LI =textBlack>Laura Lynn
    <LI =textBlack>Loving Meals
    <LI =textBlack>Meijers Main Choice
    <LI =textBlack>Mighty Dog (The recall affects only 5.3 pouch products that were produced from Dec. 3, 2006 through March 14, 2007.)
    <LI =textBlack>Mixables
    <LI =textBlack>Nutriplan
    <LI =textBlack>Nutro Max
    <LI =textBlack>Nutro Natural Choice
    <LI =textBlack>Nutro
    <LI =textBlack>Ol’Roy Canada
    <LI =textBlack>Ol’Roy U.S.
    <LI =textBlack>Paws
    <LI =textBlack>Pet Essentials
    <LI =textBlack>Pet Pride - Good ’n Meaty
    <LI =textBlack>Presidents Choice
    <LI =textBlack>Price Chopper
    <LI =textBlack>Priority
    <LI =textBlack>Publix
    <LI =textBlack>Roche Bros
    <LI =textBlack>Save-A-Lot
    <LI =textBlack>Schnucks
    <LI =textBlack>Shep Dog
    <LI =textBlack>Springfield Prize
    <LI =textBlack>Sprout
    <LI =textBlack>Stater Bros
    <LI =textBlack>Total Pet, My True Friend
    <LI =textBlack>Western Family
    <LI =textBlack>White Rose
    <LI =textBlack>Winn Dixie
    <LI =textBlack>Your Pet</LI>[/list]

Thank god I started feeding a raw diet a good while ago thanks to Red. I did feed DVP which is NOT on the list.......But I did have to check out food that my daughter feeds her cat and it was all ok .

ROL Administrator

\" Angel Rescues \"

RIP my sweet Allie, Zeus, Apollo, Kitty, & Rhea I will see you at the bridge.

PLEASE get posted information correct. DID you see DIAMOND food on any of the list. The Diamond food co has paid enough.
    marianne

my information posted IS CORRECT i mearly asked a question ?? becuasethe news channel had said it wasthe same plant that made diamond foods,and several others.and alli have haveseen or read was it was from canada..and as far as diamond company paying enough evryone should be concerned do you really think they care what your dog is eating i wonder?? maybe kitty is right raw dinner..

The Diamond Food Plant that manufactoried with bad corn was produced in the USA. I too feel bad for all the pet owners going through the worry and possible sadness.
    marianne

Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company. This listserv covers mainly Class I (life-threatening) recalls. A complete listing of recalls can be found in the FDA Enforcement Report at: http://www.fda. gov/opacom/ Enforce.html

Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. Recalls Products in Response to American Nutrition Inc. Pet Food Recall
    Natural Balance Consumer Contact:
    1-800-829-4493
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Pacoima, CA -- April 27, 2007 -- Because of the pet food recall initiated today by American Nutrition Inc., Natural Balance Pet Foods has announced it is issuing a nationwide recall of a number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to four specific Natural Balance canned formulas: Chicken Canned Dog Formula 13 oz , Beef Canned Dog Formula 13 oz, Lamb Canned Dog Formula 13 oz, and the 3oz and 6 oz Ocean Fish Canned Cat Formulas.

Natural Balance Pet Foods is taking this voluntary action after learning the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed rice protein concentrate used by American Nutrition contained melamine, a substance not approved for use in food. These products are being recalled in addition to our previously recalled Venison and Brown Rice canned and bagged dog foods, Venison and Brown Rice dog treats, and Venison and Green Pea dry cat food.

Natural Balance Pet Foods has not received any indication of quality or safety issues, including pet illness, with the four withdrawn formulas. However, because American Nutrition informed the company that these four specific products may include rice protein concentrate, Natural Balance Pet Foods felt this action was necessary for the protection of its customers and their pets.

It should be noted that the products being recalled were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. While the FDA is investigating this, current information indicates this error is a result of a manufacturing deviation by American Nutrition. Natural Balance is working with the FDA in this matter.

####

FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page: http://www.fda. gov/opacom/ 7alerts.html
    Anne
    Forever mom to:
    Phoenix's Cabaret Lady RN, CGC (Neelah)
    A Little Xtra Jolt O'Java RA, CGC (Jayda)

At the Bridge -
    my heart dog, the one who started it all:
    North East's Oxford Scholar CD, RN,CGC, TT (Ben) 4/16/99 - 6/20/11
    and his nemesis -
    Ace Fighter Pilot (Baron) ~9/4/2001 - 11/23/11

DIAMOND is now involved.....
    Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company. This listserv covers mainly Class I (life-threatening) recalls. A complete listing of recalls can be found in the FDA Enforcement Report at: http://www.fda. gov/opacom/ Enforce.html

<H2>Nutra Nuggets 40 Lb. Lamb Meal and Rice Formula Recalled Due to Cross Contamination </H2>

Customer Information Center
    1-866-214-6945

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Meta, MO -- May 23, 2007 -- Diamond Pet Foods announced that it has recalled a limited quantity of Nutra Nuggets 40 Lb. Lamb Meal and Rice Formula because of confirmatory testing that indicates the product may include traces of melamine resulting from cross contamination during manufacturing. No animal deaths have been reported.

This action is limited to Nutra Nuggets 40 Lb. Lamb Meal and Rice Formula with production codes of NLR0404A2SL, "Best Before" Oct. 9, 2008, and NLR0404B2SL, "Best Before" Oct. 9, 2008. The recalled product was manufactured at the company's Lathrop, Calif. facility. No other Nutra Nuggets products are affected.

Consumers who purchased Nutra Nuggets 40 Lb. Lamb Meal and Rice Formula with production codes of NLR0404A2SL, "Best Before" Oct. 9, 2008, and NLR0404B2SL, "Best Before" Oct. 9, 2008, should stop feeding the product immediately and return unused portions to their retailer for a full refund. Consumers may also contact the Diamond Pet Foods Customer Information Center toll free at 1-866-214-6945 for further information. The Center, which is staffed by veterinarians, is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CDT.
    Anne
    Forever mom to:
    Phoenix's Cabaret Lady RN, CGC (Neelah)
    A Little Xtra Jolt O'Java RA, CGC (Jayda)

At the Bridge -
    my heart dog, the one who started it all:
    North East's Oxford Scholar CD, RN,CGC, TT (Ben) 4/16/99 - 6/20/11
    and his nemesis -
    Ace Fighter Pilot (Baron) ~9/4/2001 - 11/23/11

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast