I Miss My Sarge Soo much Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I Miss My Sarge Soo much

I Miss My Sarge Soo much

I live in a rural area with acreage and have used the dogtra collar on all my dogs in training and walking and playing in the fields with them. Sargeís birthday would have been May 5th and he would have been two years old.
    I was playing with the dogs and an 18 wheeler came down the road unexpectidly and Sarge took off toward the street and it was slow motion I could only run toward him yelling NO...... I forgot commands and the truck hit him.......
    He passed after a couple of hours at the hospital .......... I am a 58 year old man and cried my eyes out, I canít rid myself of guilt and the vision of watching , my buddy, my best friend get hit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Miss My Sarge Soo much-b6ea69d2-d065-4e32-ac2f-e77a7046a284.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

We got Sarge 22 months ago because our other adopted Rottie has multiple medical issues and the vet said (2 years ago)if you are going to get another dog. Do it sooner rather than later so that the pup may take on some of Roxie’s silly loving characteristics. We have been giving her (Roxie) extra love knowing her time left is short - she can barely walk and is almost 11 years old and so we have been relishing every moment knowing each day with her is a gift. We never in out wildest nightmares would have thought Sarge would be killed.

I am sorry to hear your friend is gone, I hope the rest of your memories of him are not lost behind his untimely passing.
    I wish your family all the best.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Thank You for the kind words

It has been excruciating today taking his kennel down, removing his bed from our bedroom and then picking his dog bowl. Our poor Roxie limped over the the exact spot he laid after being hit and smellled around and didnít want to come back in the house.
    I am not trying to be a downer just trying to get some relief.

The cat I raised from a Kitten died suddenly last summer he was only 5, I didn't really talk about it so my partner took all the photos we had of him and she had it made into a really nice hardback book to reflect on his life. I still miss his company and sometimes think i see him out of the corner of my eye in places he used to sit, it is like any other loss of a friend, hard, but when i looked through the book i knew the time he had with us was happy.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Accidents happen in unexpected ways. We had an employee some years ago who lost one of her precious dogs in nearly the same manner. Right now, we have one Rottweiler female that would run towards a semi if she got the chance and I never let her off leash in our office business park. She goes crazy when she even sees a UPS truck parked without it's engine running.

When your heart heals, adopt again. There are not enough good owners in the world and too many cast off Rotties.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

Super Moderator
    I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. It is heartbreaking, and something that is going to stay with you for a long time. Something to think about in the future is not to rely on a collar ...this breed has high prey drive...and something making noise and is going by fast....just gets their adrenaline pumping. The leash is your friend, unless you are in a secure fenced in area.

RIP Sarge.

So sorry to hear you've lost your beautiful friend. It's a hard loss to take when they are involved in an accident like that.

You and Sarge are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't (don't even want to try) to imagine what you are feeling now.
    We lost our Sheera, 5 years ago to cancer. We adopted Leisa 2 years ago and she has helped our hearts heal.
    I hope the same for you.

Thanks for the out pouring of thoughts and prayers, I havenít participated in a long time because of health issues of my own and other family members. Yet you guys are always there for a fellow owner...... Just like our beautiful BIG LOVING Rotties, I mean that in an endearing way obviously.

Thank You All

Part of me wants to run out and get another before my Roxie passes away, she is so crippled and will be 11 in June that she can barely make it outside to pottie. But In my heart I know itís too soon, thatís why the vet told us to get another one two years ago so Roxie could act like Sarges mom and he would take on some of her characteristics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast