Aggression help/advice? Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggression help/advice?

Red face Aggression help/advice?

Hey ya'll! I need some help/advice/suggestions? I have a 2 year old, 125lb male rottie who has been neutered. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. I have done everything a good, responsible rottweiler owner should/would do....given him the best vet care, best food for him, socialization every chance we get, obedience training. I plunked down $3000 (yes you read that correctly) on a one month board and train for him. I outlined the behavior issues I was having with him. When I got him back...he was great! all of the little kinks worked out, heels, sits, long down, place, you name it--he does it with flying colors. except for 1 large issue....and this is where I am asking for your input---I am not a stupid person by any means, I have had rottweilers in the past as well as other aggressive, large breed dogs so please refrain from condescending remarks as I am truly stumped and do not want to give up on my dog--the issue: When we are inside the house....it is just a normal home/family like atmosphere, nothing has changed in the 2 years he has been with us....he is on patrol. a leaf falls outside, a car door shuts, the smallest sound and he is attacking the windows. If i leave the front door open to let some light in--he will go stand at the door and look out.....if he sees someone walking their dog or if he sees the neighbors flag wave in the wind....he is trying to go thru the glass! He gets in the attack zone where he can not hear me telling him to stop....if I touch him, reach for his collar, or shut the door around to back him up and get him back to reality...he shows his teeth, he has tried to attack the door, he has put his mouth on me but not bitten down, he has bitten another member of the household before though. I can take him on a walk and he pays no mind to any of the aforementioned stuff. I can take him to a dog park and he plays with everyone and gets along just fine. no aggression whatsoever. but as soon as we get in the house the boy is on patrol. I have established myself as the alpha and he obeys me for the most part. He does challenge me from time to time but i just attribute that to him being a male and him trying to show his dominance. If anyone has any suggestions as to how i can fix this behavior....i would be very grateful! Thank you for your time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

So aggressive don't have experience about what happen to your boy. But I suggest you to go for a training program to teach him a proper behavior go and find a best trainor they know what best for your dog.
    Stay Cool

How's your baby now? Is there any improvements about he's behaviour?
    Stay Cool

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

maybe some more training but I think you need to be there not send him off and have somebody train him for you if I read it right? best of luck

+ Reply to Thread