Is my new puppy to small? - Page 2 Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Is my new puppy to small?

also, you might want to try just a little bit of Tuna and/or egg. but don't give in too easily to a picky eater, just like you wouldn't with a human child. a healthy animal will always eat if it's hungry.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

At six weeks he's about 2 lbs under, average being 8-11.5 lbs. I used great kibble and soaked the food. Then I'd add things one at a tome to make things interesting from time to time, like: a TB of baby meat, or some vegs, or tuna water, or soak in unsalted beef broth. A good dollop of yogurt will keep her good bacteria going in her digestion. I'm surprised the vet didn't mention. Of course I had a good eater to begin with.

Someone mentioned Goats milk. You can find in in condensed form and according to a recipe add:
    1/3 c purified water
    2 egg yolks, tho why not use 1 whole egg
    1 tsp canola or olive oil or mayo
    1 c yogurt
    1 tsp corn syrup (I'd be leaving that out)
    several drops infant vitamins

You could use the milk either reconstituted with water or with the puppy formula for a while to soak his food for a couple of weeks. You won't need it long.

You've had him to a vet but double check possible worms?
    Last edited by Sabellesmom; 08-10-2016 at 01:19 PM.
    Capp likes this.

ok, you might not like what I'm going to say but:
    I can bet that the pup was not fed properly. That's why the whole litter is so small and that's why only one pup is with a normal weight. It means that they didn't get supplements to the milk. Most likely they had only milk. And if you ask, no it's not normal for a 10 puppy litter just to have that. What it means - that the pup might never be as big as other rottweilers. That explains why the "breeders" (and I would rather call them "puppy farm owners you support") wanted to get rid of them so fast. Because mama couldn't feed them anymore.
    So leave the kibbles on the side, it's too harsh for a 2 month old pup to process and start giving some real food. Meat, eggs (don't give egg yolks, it's too much cholesterol for a pup ), natural yogurt or keffir, some low fat cottage cheese (no milk, dogs can't process that), buy a good puppy formula, veggies, etc. If you really insist on giving kibbles as well, give a bit, soak them in some water.
    *The dog is the only animal that has seen it's god.*

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

You may be right in that the pups may not have been fed properly. But "puppy formula" with egg yolk won't do any harm. He's not getting 2 eggs every meal. This is a mixture which would be used merely to wet his kibble and provide a nutrition boost for a couple of weeks. The remainder would be refrigerated.
    Last edited by Sabellesmom; 08-11-2016 at 03:21 AM.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

ok dry food is not your pup best food at this age its hard to chew, how about buying can food for next 2-3 weeks . then you can switch back to dry food just add water to soft the dry food.

i hope that
    helped >>

Quote Originally Posted by Sabellesmom View Post
    ... great kibble and soaked the food.
    ...The remainder would be refrigerated.
    A good canned food would be fine. I kept a presoaked container (kibble) in the fridge, with whatever additions I felt like for that batch. Perhaps I neglected to clarify fully. Certainly chewable. Salt is higher on the list with canned foods. Not that it's otherwise a lesser choice, nutrition wise. I prefer to choose less salt.

Saribus would be 13 weeks by now! See that? Calendars are a good thing.
    How's he doing? By now, he's got you thoroughly enamoured, I'm thinking.
    Last edited by Sabellesmom; 09-12-2016 at 12:50 PM.

I wondered how your boy ended up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12