Thoughts? Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts?

Thoughts?

WE sadly lost our girl Sadie to bone cancer earlier this year She and her littermate Dozer have been togrether For almost 8 years and Dozer is clearly missing her. HE is very needy and gets upset when we leave him home alone. WE think he needs new friend, Dozer is 8 years old tomorrow and weighs 150lbs (not fat) he is Big and spoiled. We are thinking we should get a female adult dog we don't want to deal with anotheR puppy. Anyone else have some experience?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    I think it's a good idea, if you can find the right adult female dog. Usually females kinda take over, and he may be put in his place. I went from 2,Rottweilers with a 5 year age difference down to one. It was kind of nice to just have one to spoil. She soon became used to being alone...though I think she would have liked to have another dog around. We lost her this summer...and now for the first time in years we are without a dog.

It's very hard to find an adult dog at this time with covid. I'm like you, we do not want to start with a puppy anymore. We are also downsizing breeds...we just can't handle a 100 + lb breed anymore in our old age. I do regret that we did not look to add another dog before covid hit...but I also worried even a younger adult dog would be a bit much for a 11 year old dog.

I'm sorry you lost Sadie...they never live long enough. See what is out there, and if the right dog comes along...go for it.
    Eirian's Fancy Gem CGN TT HIC (April 2009-August 2020) "Jemma"

+ Reply to Thread