A new sister for Xena Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A new sister for Xena

A new sister for Xena

As some of you know, we had to say goodbye to Mercedes in May of this year. Xena was so lost without her for many weeks and she is a different dog, so it seems. Xena turned 9 and is a cancer survivor.. She was diagnosed with mandible ostesarcoma in June 2019, 6 rounds of Chemo and had a great report a couple of weeks ago.

A few weeks ago, someone posted a "lost dog" on my Facebook page. A very young rottie who looks very much like Xena. I also had Porsha, some of might remember her.... She passed in 2012 and I did a collection drive in her memory in my neighorhood for the humane society. I did one for Mercedes in honor of what would have been her 13th b'day... She was 12.5 y/o when she passed.

I took the donations to the humane society and a picture of this rottie was on the counter. I asked if they had her and they did!!!! She was on hold for the owners to claim her and no-one ever did. The shelter immediately called us before advertising her. We went to meet her today and took Xena. Xena cried when they brought her out to us, they met thru a fence and than it was introduction time in the play area. First on lease, than off. The dog ironically is named Sadie (shelter name) and we called our Mercedes Sadie for short and since she loooks alot like Xena, it was meant to be????? They got along quite well. Xena had to correct a couple of times when the young one wanted the ball and she walked away.... They say she is sweet, not at all toy, food or dog aggressive.... She did belong to someone!!! She does need training, ... sit command and don't know if she's housebroken.

We made the commitment to adopt her today. I hope that Xena will love her new sister...

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Oh what wonderful news!! So glad that you have found another dog to add to your family. I hope Xena shows her the ropes, and all goes well in your home.
    Did the shelter take a guess on how old she is? Does she not get spayed before going to your home? Around here they have to be spayed/neutered before being adopted out.
    Let us know how things go.
    Eirian's Fancy Gem CGN TT HIC (April 2009-August 2020) "Jemma"

Quote Originally Posted by big black dogs View Post
    Oh what wonderful news!! So glad that you have found another dog to add to your family. I hope Xena shows her the ropes, and all goes well in your home.
    Did the shelter take a guess on how old she is? Does she not get spayed before going to your home? Around here they have to be spayed/neutered before being adopted out.
    Let us know how things go.
    Hi!!!

The shelter says she is young, maybe a year old. She has some growing to do, you can tell when she stood next to Xena. She is getting spayed, perhaps today... they will let us know.
    She came from a home, her coat is beautiful, her nails were trimmed... My guess is that someone didn't take the time to train her. She is like a billly goat LOL and was jumping on things outside in the play area.
    It will take time and patience. Like you said, I hope that she watches Xena and learns good manners

132632576_10223417781011223_1882737650249120925_n.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! This is great news So glad to hear she'll have a great home with you.

Congratulations! What a lovely story.

Super Moderator
    She's very nice looking! Looks like she has been well cared for! I do wonder if she was being taken care of by someone during Christmas holidays and took off or got lost?
    I would not be surprised that she is already spayed.
    Without manners, and around a year of age...was a common time for young Rottweilers to be dumped by their owners in shelters. Rottie pups are so cute and sweet...then they grow....get big, need work and training and time...and TRAINING. Often around 7-8 months of age, ignorant owners would leave them to fend in the backyard. Where the poor dog would be bored, lonely and causing all sorts of problems in the backyard...and a nuisance to the neighbors. By about a year...the owner's were done...and the pup was dumped into a shelter, or given up to a rescue (if they were lucky).

I'm sure with some training, and hard work...she is going to make a great addition to your home!

She was found as a stray walking around in the neighboring town and picked up by the police department and than brought to the shelter. Our guess is that the owner(s) had no idea how to train or didn't bother doing so... and she became a handful. Maybe she is destructive and we will find out. She is the sweetest and loves to be affectionate especially with a man that works at the shelter... Loves cuddles and gives lots of kisses so she was not abused, thank God!!! We are all just shocked that no-one is looking for her...

Super Moderator
    Wondering how your new girl (Sadie?) is working out? Is she home with you. How is Xena doing with the new dog??

We don't have her home yet With the holidays, they told us that the vets they use for spaying are backed up and it should be done this week, hopefully she will be home end of week. We renamed her.... Bella.
    big black dogs likes this.

What a nice name, Bella. I like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast