14 weeks old, wavy hair? Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 weeks old, wavy hair?

14 weeks old, wavy hair?

rocky's hair along the top of his back is growing in very wavy, do you think that will straighten out as he gets bigger?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

It could, but wavy hair on his back is a flaw. Who did you buy him from?

ROL Administrator

\" Angel Rescues \"

RIP my sweet Allie, Zeus, Apollo, Kitty, & Rhea I will see you at the bridge.

I would not necessarily say it was a fault. Will the fur comb out flat? I know of many CH that have a few waves. 14 wks he is starting to shed for spring and starting to get big dog fur. Keep combing (furmanator) and train it to lay flat.
    Audrey
    AKC CH Darkstarr's Heart and Soul aka Panzer
    AKC CH Queen Vom Vollenhaus BH(2006-2013 RIP)
    Dani von der Donnerbrucke BH CGC
    Thor von Eisenhart BH CGC Godspeed and RIP
    Cimaron 6/01/1996-8/08/2007

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

I too use the furminator. I didn't over the winter but I am starting to use it now along with brushing more frequently so he starts letting go of his thick winter coat.

The furminator is the bomb......I don't know I would do with out it!

ROL Administrator

\" Angel Rescues \"

RIP my sweet Allie, Zeus, Apollo, Kitty, & Rhea I will see you at the bridge.

When King was young, (about 3 or 4 mo. old) his fur was starting to get wavy and long too. Right before a year old, it went straight without combing or anything. I didnt but him from a breeder either. I think its probobly just something he'll grow out of, like King did.
    "Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
    ------------------------------
    "If you save one dog you won 't change the world, But the world will change for that dog"

thanks so much rachel you give me hope haha..i posted another thread with pics included if you'd like to take a look and see his coat

I had the same in my guy, Waves, but he's all straightened out now. Almost like the hair was too long for his body, or he had too much, it had to go somewhere. Nature took care of that in the first 6 months!!!

this is the first i've heard of the furminator. it does look quite effective on the youtube vids. thanks for teaching me of it.

Capp, I am using the furminator almost everyday right now. My boy is letting go of his winter coat. Be careful when going over any bones since it could hurt the dog. I pull his neck skin softly and stretch it so I don't hurt him. It works great on the neck back and by the tail. I brush his underside with just a stiff bristled brush. The furminator really pulls out the undercoat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast