how spoiled is your rott? Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how spoiled is your rott?

how spoiled is your rott?

ok so i know these dogs are so loving and loyal, but is there such thing as being to spoiled? ok so this is what my rott does that is unbelievable to me its to funny, ok so he sleeps with me EVERY night no matter what time it is, he will wait until i get home, and he will only fall asleep if i am hugging/holding him, and if he falls asleep and i try to sneak off and get comfortable(yes holding him is comfy but i need my space to move.lol) he will start to move or lick me until i hold him once again, so no matter what i have tol hold him every night, is that to spoiled or just love? id say love, id never experienced/ heard of that before but i love it, it`ll be a tough decision when i marry though, wife or dog? eas yone right, dogs =) no offense woman.haha =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

thats love man, and a lil spoiled but u cant help but spoil them
    i try not to spoil my, my parents do that hehe
    he gets to hang with me first thing after work and as soon as i get up before i even eat its him and me, cant help it, love the big guy

I'd never spoil my rottie! I'm only kidding. I think he is spoiled rotten. No not really. I think he has a good life with us. He doesn't sleep in our bed since we are seniors and our backs just couldn't take it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    ok so i know these dogs are so loving and loyal, but is there such thing as being to spoiled? ok so this is what my rott does that is unbelievable to me its to funny, ok so he sleeps with me EVERY night no matter what time it is, he will wait until i get home, and he will only fall asleep if i am hugging/holding him, and if he falls asleep and i try to sneak off and get comfortable(yes holding him is comfy but i need my space to move.lol) he will start to move or lick me until i hold him once again, so no matter what i have tol hold him every night, is that to spoiled or just love? id say love, id never experienced/ heard of that before but i love it, it`ll be a tough decision when i marry though, wife or dog? eas yone right, dogs =) no offense woman.haha =)
    Holy Cow! I own your dogs brother. His name is Oliver and he does the very same thing. Not to mention he has to have his head on the pillow right next to me and if I move over, he does too. He MUST be touching me and I MUST be hugging him. How does yours eat his food at mealtimes? Oliver wants his ears kissed the whole time he eats or he will stop and come and get me. He was very abused before I got him. Think kicked in the face which broke his jaw and also a broken leg. Then got no vet attention so they both healed poorly. He still has issues so I have given in to some of his weirdness. I find him Charming, God help me.

thats sweet
    rocky always wants to keep an eye on me, if he drinking water he always looks up where am at and if im moving he wont eat, drink till i stop so he knows where am at
    my dad feeds him out of his hand but i dont do that, hes almost 1 now, too big for that

Quote Originally Posted by Ingaluv View Post
    Holy Cow! I own your dogs brother. His name is Oliver and he does the very same thing. Not to mention he has to have his head on the pillow right next to me and if I move over, he does too. He MUST be touching me and I MUST be hugging him. How does yours eat his food at mealtimes? Oliver wants his ears kissed the whole time he eats or he will stop and come and get me. He was very abused before I got him. Think kicked in the face which broke his jaw and also a broken leg. Then got no vet attention so they both healed poorly. He still has issues so I have given in to some of his weirdness. I find him Charming, God help me.

dont you just love the rotties!!! when my boy eats i usually scratch his chest, or massage his chest, or comb him, especially recently, shedding like crazy with the texas heat!

I don't let any of my 3 sleep in my bed. There is a big dogie bed beside my bed. But when my hubby is home ( he travels to Philly but next week he will be at Penn State main campus until Oct. then back to Philly) Apollo loves to sneak in my bed when I'm not in there and already up in the morning. Hubby will call him up into bed the big sh$t! I have found Apollo sleeping on MY pillow! I will say all of my Rotts are spoiled. But I rule with a firm hand so to speak. With having 3 big Rotts I have to. Hubby is the one who spoils them big time! I always say I'm the bad guy and he's the soft one with them. Even tho I'm only 5'2 ...100 lbs. and he's 6'3 and 260 lbs. Apollo is my Mr. Man of the house he will follow me everywhere. All of them are lovers, loved to be petted, scratch their chest, rub their ears, rub downs......you get the idea! So yes they are SPOILED!

ROL Administrator

\" Angel Rescues \"

RIP my sweet Allie, Zeus, Apollo, Kitty, & Rhea I will see you at the bridge.

rocky sitting next to the chair right now, and making me type with one hand, loves it when my hands on him, and hes about out now, past 3am here, raining outside, we'r just relaxing in the basement and dozing off

JJ gets a 'treat' or a 'cookie' when he comes in from a walk. He gets a 'treat' when he goes into his crate. He gets to cuddle with me while I am watching TV. (He lays on my lap, and eventually rolls over so it is almost like holding a VERY BIG baby on my lap. Well, half of him is on my lap! LOL! ) He gets belly rubs at this time. When he comes and sits in front of me, with his back to me, he usually gets a massage. When he brings a toy to me, I play with him. Every morning, when he comes out of his crate, he gets belly rubs and is told what a handsome doggie he is. I have tried a few times to allow him to sleep with me, but he just d? oesn't settle down, so he still sleeps in a crate.

Now, I would say that JJ IS NOT spoiled. What do you think?
    Sylvia
    ROL Administrator
    Healing Touch for Animals Practitioner
    Frontier Lucky Jack Aubrey CGC, "JJ"
    at the bridge: ^Lucy^, my teacher dog, Belle, Beauty, Princess, and all the kitties

Is it spoiling or abuse that my dogs insists on sleeping under my computer desk and I put my feet on his head? lol He started going under there as a puppy and still insists that it is his spot. He just can't be close enough to me as far as he is concerned. I love him and am so thankful the other boy is satisfied to lay on his doggy bed right next to my computer chair. I alternate on hand petting one and then the other. Darn Jealous dogs! LOL

With all this spoiling going on however, they are pretty darn fun loving with just about anyone. I do not have my dogs to protect me, It is my job to protect them so that works out just fine.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...lk3r/inga1.jpg

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread