New Movie whose main character is a Rottweiler (not animated) called Show Dogs - Page 2 Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Movie whose main character is a Rottweiler (not animated) called Show Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by big black dogs View Post
    I know you are super excited about Gunny! I'm sure he's a great puppy. If I were you I would get medical insurance on him now...before any problems pop up. This breeder mentions being 'ethical'....but does not health cert, or very spotty ones on the dogs they are breeding. Hannah has only hips showing up on OFA....hips and elbows are done at the same time...which means she must have failed her elbows...and yet they are still breeding her. None of the dogs have full health certs for their breeding dogs...it should be passing hips, elbows, heart and eyes...and all confirmed on the OFA website. www.offa.org I don't see any conformation titles, or obedience or working titles on any of the dogs either.

What made you pick this breeder?? Was it their website? When I see bible quotes on a website...it usually means things are not good.

Wow, I am kind of bummed because it seems like you are implying we got messed over by shady breeders. I am just going to plead the 5th and choose not to say anything else on this topic. I don’t mean to be defensive but I would have rather you private messaged me if you had concerns about the purchase of our new family member.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbohno View Post
    Wow, I am kind of bummed because it seems like you are implying we got messed over by shady breeders. I am just going to plead the 5th and choose not to say anything else on this topic. I don’t mean to be defensive but I would have rather you private messaged me if you had concerns about the purchase of our new family member.
    Sorry you are bummed...always not a good feeling to know that you think you've done your homework and things are not so. I did not PM you because this should be a forum about learning. Learning on what makes a good, ethical breeder.....you don't know till you know. An ethical breeder does complete health testing on the dogs they use for breeding....and does not use dogs that don't pass. They should also be doing something with their dogs to prove that they are worthy of being bred....that's why competing with them in AKC or Sieger or even UKC shows in conformation is so important. Ethical breeders don't rely on pedigree in their bloodlines...they prove it by showing. They also get out there with their dogs titling in obedience,rally, tracking, agility, IPO,etc. So they know that their dogs have the right temperaments and can work. There is much more to being ethical then just breeding dogs.

I know you love your puppy...and you should be happy and proud of him. Love him, train him and enjoy him...I hope he has a healthy long life.

My only comment is that I believe you make posts based on your opinion and not facts. This is evident through out the years I have followed you on here.

I truly believe you want to educate and help with your posts but after a lengthy discussion with AKC regarding my breeder, their history then the AKC going the extra mile by educating me on the info available on the www.ofa.org site. I firmly believe you made a statement regarding ethical breeding with limited facts which would be an opinion.

One other item I ponder is with all the high end Rotties in the world to choose from why would Hollywood use a dog from an unethical breeder for the movies???

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    AKC is a registry, nothing more, nothing less. They will register a well bred pup and a puppy mill pup....all the same to them because they collect the same money. Just like the DMV charges you for a sticker...same if it's a junker or a Mercedes. Your breeder on the front of their website proudly mentions that they are "ethical' breeders....this is plain wrong. Ethical breeders show and title their breeding dogs, and do ALL of the health related tests on their dogs...that means hips, elbows, heart and eyes. Ethical breeder post their results so the public can see them on the OFA website. Go to the website www.offa.org and put in some of their dogs names in the top right hand corner. The names must be spelled correctly. There is very little coming up....very spotty...or nothing at all.

You open up their website...and there are no pictures of conformation wins, or pictures of dogs getting obedience ribbons....just the pictures of their dogs at home. Ethical breeders will usually have a link right from the dogs picture on their website... to the OFA site with their health certs. You really should not be having to search for health certs. Good breeders are proud of their titles and their wins with their dogs, and proud of what they are contributing to the breed. They are not just making puppies to sell....making money...and spouting bible verses to make themselves look honest.

Do you think some Hollywood producer knows what makes a good breeder?? They may knowthat the dog in front of them...is what they need. Many dogs from shelters have also been used in top movies...

I feel bad that you probably paid a ton of money for a good pup....but for the same amount of money could have bought a good pup from a breeder that is 'ethical' and does it all the right way. Take a look at this website : Esmond Rottweilers - Rottweiler Breeder | Champion and Working Rottweilers | Site includes: Rottweiler Puppies, Rottweiler Stud Dog, Rottweiler Information Tell me if you can see the difference.

Thats awesome, If you are interested in more Rottweiler dog names this names list is ideal for you.

https://randomanimalpicks.com/male-dog-names/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12