Rottweiler mix declared dangerous dog Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By big black dogs
  • 1 Post By big black dogs
  • 2 Post By Agis

Thread: Rottweiler mix declared dangerous dog

Rottweiler mix declared dangerous dog

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...year-1.5460524

Not a great situation. I wish there was more clarity around the bites - but I agree, dogs need bite inhibition, just as owners and walkers need to be aware of signals from the dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Oh...geez! Very sad story. Those are nasty bites. Honestly, if I had a dog that bit someone doing that kind of damage....it would be put to sleep. We have owned Rottweilers for almost 25 years...and agreed at the very first Rottweiler...that if one bit someone (unless someone was breaking into our home, or threatening us)...it would be euthanized. I could not live with myself for having a trigger happy dog...too much worry and responsibility. Now have I had Rottweilers that could bite someone ??? Yes....but I have never set them up to fail, or put them in a situation where they might.

Clearly the woman that got bit knew the dog...and the dog knew her. Unless she was beating the crap out of the dog...the dog was probably frightened and bit her. Fear aggression is nasty...I have a dog boarding right now with it...luckily he only weighs 20 lbs and I can manage him.

Living in an apartment, it would be hard to avoid running into this dog also.
    Frieda likes this.

Sometimes, too, there are certain breeds of dogs that should never be crossed because the pups stand to inherit the worst of both breeds instead of the best.

Many years ago, I was discussing a pup at obedience class, with my vet. It was a Rottweiler/Pit Bull cross. There was nobody home in those eyes; I have never seen such a blank set of eyes on a dog. The woman tried and tried with the pup but it ended up the pup became growly with the other pups and would not even respond to the person instructing the class.

There were a lot of tears the evening the trainers permanently dismissed that pup - and also forewarned the owner what she may have to do if the pup didn’t come around

After relating all this to my vet, she made the comment that a Rottweiler/Pit Bull cross was the absolute worst as, for some reason, the pups seemed to be the worst of everything in both breeds.

Makes me wonder about this poor German Shepard/Rottweiler cross

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    I believe Agis is a Rottweiler/Shepherd mix??? I'm sure Agis will grow up to be a great dog...because he has owner's that care, and are involved in training.

I've fostered in my younger days...a few Rott/Shep mixes...all were fine dogs, that were adopted and much loved. They did not have a screw loose...but the rescue I fostered for would really screen the dogs well before being pulled from a shelter or brought into the rescue. There were so many nice dogs...there was no reason to take a crazy dog with aggression issues. If we could save 5 nice dogs that we knew with a bit of work could be adopted quickly...there was no reason to save a disturbed dog with aggression problems that could take months of work, or maybe never be a normal adoptable dog.

I do agree...that some mixes or crosses, really do make bad combos. Pitts can be dog aggressive and Rotts also dog aggressive...and you get a mix, that goes after other dogs!! Not good!
    Frieda likes this.

Yes, Agis is a Shepherd/Rottie cross.

Honestly - even waving your hands in a dog's face...yes, it's rude, but it's not grounds for a bite and I would not tolerate that. I would euth as well.
    I have a very low tolerance for human aggression.
    big black dogs and Frieda like this.

+ Reply to Thread