Jumping Into The Car Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jumping Into The Car

Jumping Into The Car

Hi all,
    I am looking for help on how to get Nacho to jump into his boot after his walk. I know he can as he has done it once before and he leaps into my cousins boot with her two no bother but not into his own! In the morning he will as the car is parked on the road so the traffic scares him and he jumps in as quick as he can but generally after his walk or on the way back when we are close to the car he starts biting the lead and pulling on it and then if he can and I don't get there first to distract him, he will just lay down. Or if I get him to boot he will just sit looking at me and refuses to get in... He's been like this since he started going on walks so its not new but he's too heavy to lift in theses days. Hell be 9mths in a week!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Weren't you throwing a treat in the back of the car to get Nacho to jump in before? Does that still work? Or throw the ball there if that is an incentive.

He just will not jump into the boot, reward or not. Treats don't work nor his toy, I can't lift him as he's so heavy and he's well able to. I just get so frustrated cos I don't have the time to sit and wait after his walk as I have places to go like collecting from school etc and he just sits there looking at me as if butter wouldn't melt.. He loves his walk when he's out but getting into the boot is a catastrophe altogether. He has plenty room, I mean my fully grown GSD fit into the same space as Nacho has no problem!!!!! He's 9mths now and I need to get this sorted,,,, Please help.....

+ Reply to Thread