New puppy "Sarge" diahrrea Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New puppy "Sarge" diahrrea

New puppy "Sarge" diahrrea

We picked up "sarge" on Thursday night 6/30 and breeder said he had just had his 2nd worming earlier that day. He had diahrrea the next day and it has continued since. He is eating and playing, drinking plenty of water so I dont know if it is stress, new type of food or if he is sick.
    I have appt to take him to the vet for next round of shots on Thursday but could move it up to Tuesday if yall think it is needed.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Our dog had runs when we used a different wormer last time she was wormed but was ok next day. If you are changing food from what breeder fed the pup the change should be a gradual mix until it is a 100% mix.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

I agree with kevin mine have the same problem like yours! I think because of my food "ALPO" then i ask to my vet and he gave me eukanuba
    and that was great my pup will became healthier than before and his stomach upset are totally gone, and i'm thankful until now this is my choices of food for all my babies and i'm thankful to my vet that he gave me this kind of food! On the first time that he told me about this i'm not totally sure about this food, that's why i'm keep on searching some helpful information about the brand and i think there's no problem if I try it and then after a week I see the result on my puppy he's become more healthy than before when I using "ALPO" as he's food and so far this is my best choice for them.
    Sheera'smom likes this.
    Stay Cool

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Move up your appointment. Better to be safe. Yes it could just be stress or new food, but it could also be coccidia, giradhea, or parvo.
    Sheera'smom likes this.
    Audrey
    AKC CH Darkstarr's Heart and Soul aka Panzer
    AKC CH Queen Vom Vollenhaus BH(2006-2013 RIP)
    Dani von der Donnerbrucke BH CGC
    Thor von Eisenhart BH CGC Godspeed and RIP
    Cimaron 6/01/1996-8/08/2007

Thanks to all those who have responded, I also read to dive them an anti-diahrrea medicine so I gave him one pill yesterday. This morning he is acting like a goof but not eating much ( just nibbling) and not drinking much water.

So I am going to take him in first thing in the morning.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

Have you seen the vet yet? How is Sarge?

Monday evening (the 4th) we smixed some wet food in with his dry and he ate some of that and drank some water. He then started pooping a little firmer that night and drinking and eating more and acting like a total goof.

That being said when I called the vet 1st thing yesterday morning they didnt have anything available, if I would have said it was an emergency they would have seen me but didnt feel the need to catagorize it that way. Sarge seems to be feeling fine so I am sticking with my appt first thing in the morning.

Our only confusing thing is the directions on the food bag say to feed him 1.5 -1.75 cups of food 3 times a day. We are feeding him Diamond puppy food and he barely eats one cup per day.

Well, sometimes the point of those "instructions" is to get you to buy more food. Many vets and experienced large breed owners don't even feed puppy food to their pups. Too much fat and protein in puppy "chows" that can cause them to grow too fast and mess up their bones and joints. As long as Sarge is growing at a steady rate, seems to happy and healthy, and isn't having problems pooping and peeing, he should be fine. Some dogs are better at self-regulating their food intact than others.

Hello! How's your doggy now?
    Stay Cool

Just got back from the vet and his fecal check came back negative for worms but he got his second round of shots which included dewormer. He also gave me 4 tiny syringes with antibiotics for the diahrrea. He said his main concern was his appetite when I told the vet Sarge wasnt eating much. The vet brought out a half a can of Science diet I.D. in a little cardboard bowl and Sarge gobbled that entire amount in seconds. So the vet tech said buy small bags of food till you find one Sarge likes. They sent me home with a small bag of science diet dry food and sarge wouldnt even eat a morsel of that.

The yech said in the interim I could buy a few cans of that science diet I.D( its easy on puppies stomachs) and mix with his dry food and see how that goes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast