Atresia ani Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mksmith71

Thread: Atresia ani

Unhappy Atresia ani

A close friend of mine has had five beautiful Rotty pups born about 4 days ago now, sadly we have noticed, whilst examining them
    that this one little girl has been born without an opening to her anus, you can clearly see the anus, but it's definitely sealed, there
    appears to be a little bit of faeces by her Vaginal opening....i looked it up for her, as she hasn't any internet access, and i found
    that its called a Atresia ani
    Is this common in Rottweiler pups, and in Rotty pups that have had this, how often has it been the serious kind, as there is apparently
    up to 4 different versions to this abnormality. We're hoping it's just a case of her opening is just sealed.....but i guess we'll find out as soon
    as the vet gets to exterminate her. But, what can i tell my friend about this ailment..?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

I've never heard of this....hope the pup will be OK.

Atresia ani - Dog

Hope it's type 1 or 2...but since it is a congenital issue, this dog shouldn't be bred again, and definitely not the pups!

Didn't heard this before! Sounds new to me, hope you find some good information here soon.
    Stay Cool

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

i know, sadly i only knew of it because 2 years ago a kitten i had, had been born with the same abnormality, she had to be operated on, bless her...but i'm glad she survived, she was such a wee little thing....but she has gone on from strength to strength, and i only hope this little pup stands the same chance.
    Sheera'smom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread