5 year old possibly bit by something? Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 year old possibly bit by something?

5 year old possibly bit by something?

Hi - I would love any possible suggestions.

My 130lb beautiful Rottie developed lumps on her body almost overnight. It started with about 5 and quickly went to 10 or so. Half of the bumps were filled with fluid - some type of infection, the others were more solid. The vet said it looked like it was just an infection of some sort but wasn't sure from what or why. He put her on Keflex. She slowly became more and more lethargic. She also started drinking tons and tons of water and has since lost around 6 lbs. Her blood tests also showed that she was becoming slightly anemic and that her blood cells were not recycling properly. I was devastated to say the least. The vet did an ultrasound and everything looked great to my surprise.

Bella started on prednisone 2 days ago. All of a sudden - the lumps are going down. She is eating more (probably due to the medicine), she is up and about and slowly returning to her normal self. I will take her back to the vet for more blood work in a couple of days.

But, we still don't know what is happening/happened. I am starting to think that she was possibly bit by something - snake, spider, ants, bees, wasps etc... I really don't know what. I did however, see a small puncture hole/wound on the back of her neck.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this and what was the cause.

Thank you! Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

I don't have any advice and experience about that! Do you have a picture of her back closely? I want to see and ask my friends about that.
    Stay Cool

How is she doing now?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

I can't speak specifically for your dog but I once saw a dog that was allergic to flea bites. they swelled up and filled with puss. the dog was in discomfort for a few days until the swelling went down.

+ Reply to Thread