Spaying Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spaying

Spaying

Hi. I’ve been reading online that you dog can go into heat at 6 mons. I wanted to wait until 18 mons but have her signed up for Off Leash Training 1/20/21 she will be 6 mon plus 2 wks. Am I taking a chance by sending her there or should I waited until first heat is over? Or get her to the vet and fix her? What experience do Rottweiler owners have with this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure I'm understanding your question?? This Off Leash Training is done with you in a class setting? or are you sending her away for this training?? Most Rottweilers do not come into heat that early. Usually around 8-9 months of age. You can ask your breeder when your pups dam came into heat. Most often they follow their dams. Some Rottweilers are even older 11-14 months for the first heat.

I would NOT be sending a young pup to away training. The best training is done with you and your pup in a class setting. She's far too young to be trained well off leash. That takes a few years to be consistent and steady. Is an e-collar going to be used?? Even hunting dogs are not well trained to recall for a few years.

For her health and to grow to maturity allow her to go through at least 1 or 2 heats and then spay her.
    Eirian's Fancy Gem CGN TT HIC (April 2009-August 2020) "Jemma"

+ Reply to Thread