Showing Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thorvone

Thread: Showing

Question Showing

Hey guys, it's me again! I'm getting my first show puppy really soon, and I want to raise him right. I've talked to my breeder, but I also wanted more advice from different show experts.

How to get started? What are the "do's and dont's" of raising a show puppy? What to teach/not teach? Which toys can he play with (don't want to ruin his teeth playing tug-o-war and get disqualified with a missing tooth)? How to condition? Any supplements?

I don't know if I'm over thinking, but I just want what's best. Since this is my first time, I want it to be a good experience showing him in the ring.

Thanks in advance! More advice/tips, the better!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

As soon as shots are solid (16 weeks) the best advice I can give you is socialize socialize and socialize. Find pet friendly stores such as Home Depot Tractor Supply. Get pup used to all kinds of surfaces and commotion. Pup must be groomed. Desensitize pup to having ears, mouth, feet touched. Is this male? add in testicles. Obedience is a plus.
    Sheera'smom likes this.
    Audrey
    AKC CH Darkstarr's Heart and Soul aka Panzer
    AKC CH Queen Vom Vollenhaus BH(2006-2013 RIP)
    Dani von der Donnerbrucke BH CGC
    Thor von Eisenhart BH CGC Godspeed and RIP
    Cimaron 6/01/1996-8/08/2007

+ Reply to Thread