Rottweilers At Wesminster Special for Rottweilers visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By big black dogs
  • 3 Post By big black dogs

Thread: Rottweilers At Wesminster

Super Moderator

TalkingRottweilers At Wesminster

Not sure if any of you got to watch the Rottweilers competing or any of the breeds competing at Westminster?? I did get to see the Working Group and really like the Rottweiler that they had in the Group.
    It was nice to see a female being shown in the group competition.

The winners and the dogs competing are in this link: https://www.westminsterkennelclub.or...tt&season=2020

If anyone is looking for a well bred Rottweiler puppy in the future, that comes from a breeder that produces nice Rottweilers, you may want to note the kennel names of the winners. Usually the kennel name is the first part of the dog's name. Then google can be your friend...LOL

My Jemma's breeder had a Rottweiler win AOM ,his name is : CH Eirians Oh The Places You'll Go Kevan is Jemma's great newphew?? (I think?)
    Andrea52 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

I watched most of it Tuesday night - annnd fell asleep just before they announced Best in Show,lolol

The Standard Poodle won. Daniel the Golden, who won the sporting group, was a crowd favorite especially after he won the class and carried his own blue ribbon out of the show ring

Many many years ago, a Rottweiler attacked another Rottweiler in the breed competition. I don’t think the breed has ever recovered from that at Westminster. I paid attention to the applause as each working dog entered the ring. The applause was low on the scale for the Rottweiler, in comparison to all of the other dogs

It only takes one piece of bad press to ruin an entire breed of working/guard dogs for years. If a Golden rolled its lips back and bit someone, the press would assume the human did something to the dog.

I didn’t think that Rotti that’s was in the working group was all that special. Little on the small side. Good looking dog but I wouldn’t run to that breeder because of her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RottWeilersOnline.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophi View Post
    I didn’t think that Rotti that’s was in the working group was all that special. Little on the small side. Good looking dog but I wouldn’t run to that breeder because of her.
    She was smaller because she was a female!! She was in standard of the breed. This breed is not supposed to be Great Dane size...like the BYB's produce. Females should be around 75-90 lbs. I thought she showed very nicely.

Super Moderator
    I liked the Golden. I thought he should have won. Goldens are such a popular breed...and I'm surprised that they have never won BIS. As far as the Rottweilers, in 2006 a Rottweiler by the name of
    CH Carter's Noble Shaka Zulu won the Working group. When he showed in the final line up...his leash came off in the go round. Being a professional...he just kept on going like a pro. LOL

I do know a breeder that used him as a stud for their litter...and the pups turned out wonderful. I think many of the pups also went on to become Champions and well loved pet/companions.

As far as the breed not being popular....it's probably a good thing. This is not the breed for the average dog owner. The hairy, poufy dogs usually win! Which is fine by me...the breed becomes popular and every BYB and puppy mill starts producing them.
    GunaLV, Frieda and RottweilerGervi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by big black dogs View Post
    I liked the Golden. I thought he should have won. Goldens are such a popular breed...and I'm surprised that they have never won BIS. As far as the Rottweilers, in 2006 a Rottweiler by the name of
    CH Carter's Noble Shaka Zulu won the Working group. When he showed in the final line up...his leash came off in the go round. Being a professional...he just kept on going like a pro. LOL

I do know a breeder that used him as a stud for their litter...and the pups turned out wonderful. I think many of the pups also went on to become Champions and well loved pet/companions.

As far as the breed not being popular....it's probably a good thing. This is not the breed for the average dog owner. The hairy, poufy dogs usually win! Which is fine by me...the breed becomes popular and every BYB and puppy mill starts producing them.
    agree with you!
    I love Rottweiler

+ Reply to Thread