Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around to bring home my 3rd puppy, she has to be a female and i found this beauty....what you think? Looks like she gonna get pretty big, she is exactly 10 weeks and 2 day at 29lbs!
Dog Pet supply Working animal Flooring Companion dog
Dog Light Carnivore Wood Working animal

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
Congratulations! Honestly from the picture that you posted, she does not look all that healthy. Her eyes are runny, and her coat does not look healthy. What has she been eating? She looks either older than you were told, or she is a bit chunky, and bigger than a well bred 10 week old female pup should be.
Remember with this breed, bigger is not better. You don't want a pup to gain weight and grow too quickly...it causes joint, bone and ligament problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! Honestly from the picture that you posted, she does not look all that healthy. Her eyes are runny, and her coat does not look healthy. What has she been eating? She looks either older than you were told, or she is a bit chunky, and bigger than a well bred 10 week old female pup should be.
Remember with this breed, bigger is not better. You don't want a pup to gain weight and grow too quickly...it causes joint, bone and ligament problems.
Well I think she was overfed. She comes from a very reputable breeder from around here, the person who took her (2 weeks ago) was an inexperienced person, therefore he ask the breeder(friend of mine) to take her back as he realized he has no time for her. Therefore the breeder asked me if I want to adopt her and give her a good life, and i said yes immediately. The guy told us he fed her same food he was eating....so the last 2 weeks her diet wasn't the best. Anyway I'm gonna look at her in person today and check her out properly. Will update...
Ps; age is correct 100% verified

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
Honestly, a reputable breeder would have screened the first person that bought the puppy much better. A person that is returning a puppy after 2 weeks was inexperienced and only realized they did not have enough time for her??? In North America...reputable breeders screen puppy homes very thoroughly, and really want to know your lifestyle and home situation. Often vet references and personal references are needed....where you plan on going to puppy school ?, how much time alone will pup have? ,what food will puppy eat? etc. Most good breeders want the best home for their puppies...they pup their heart and soul into producing a top quality pup....and do the best job finding the BEST home for each puppy. It is good that the breeder did take back this puppy, and you lucked out getting her. Just watch her weight and don't try to grow a fat puppy out quickly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Breeder was also very upset with the guy, he went by what he told him, and the story was different, that's why he got her back. Bad people are everywhere and not always easy to spot them

·
Registered
140 Posts
I suspect that first picture is not very flattering for the dog, as BBD says it doesn't make her look very healthy but different pics might have given a different impression.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE.
We went to look at her yesterday and we were in love right away. She has an amazing playful personality. Her documents are good and she is up to date with the vaxines. She definitely wasn't eating the right food. Start giving her some small portions if taste of the wild( i always used this brand and love it) mix with sardines and egg yolk, today her stomach is not so puffy anymore, she very playful and curios of her new surroundings....Her name is Luna...and i think she gonna be a big girl..my small male was 19lbs at 10 weeks...he is now 15 months and 92lbs
Hand Dog Carnivore Dog breed Ear
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Terrestrial animal Companion dog
Hand Dog Carnivore Dog breed Ear
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Terrestrial animal Companion dog

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, i really respect ur knowledge about our breed, so i want to ask you how many cups of dry food i should feed her a day, she is 10 weeks} (taste of the wild), i also mix some extra food in the mix, egg,salmon,tuna,..just a little extra) my 16 months is good with 3.5 cups a day. Don't remember the proper puppy amount.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts