Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about living with 2 female dogs. I am looking at two female Rotts that were rescued from a shelter in LA on Tuesday. They had apparently been used as breeders. One is about 2 and the other is about 4. The dogs are currently being evaluated, and the rescuer thinks they may be bonded. I've never heard of 2 female Rotts bonding, but maybe it can happen. I told the rescuer that if they are indeed bonded, I would adopt both, but I am really leery about that. I worry that at some point they would stop getting along, and one would have to be rehomed. Opinions, please?

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
They may be a bonded mother/daughter pair?? I have seen bonded dogs come into rescue. In all honestly....real bonded in Rottweilers is not all that common. Most likely they have just never needed to function on their own....and would probably blossom in personality if they were split up and each lived a great life alone? It really is hard to tell when you are getting the information second hand. It could also be that one is the leader, and the second female is the follower and happy to be second in command? The problems often start when they both want to be # 1. Get more info. I would never live with 2 female Rottweilers that are fairly close in age....for me it is too risky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.