Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ROL friends - I've been pretty absent here since I lost my Chevy boy on March 1st. I've recently been working with a local rescue, which is not Rottie specific, so whenever she comes across a Rottie she passes their information on to me so I can list them on my website, or here, or Facebook, or. . . . They don't have a very user friendly website.

So, I'm hoping that I can list two Rottweilers that need help. Moderators, if it's not okay just let me know.

1. Female in Washington State:

Her name is Gretta and she's about 10 months old. Valhalla Dog Rescue need to get her into a foster home near Klackamas, OR or Vancouver, WA because that's where the vets are that they work with.

2. Male in Dinwiddie County, Virginia

He doesn't have a name, because he was picked up by Dinwiddie County Animal Control and is in their shelter at the moment. A visitor to my site volunteer's at the shelter and told me about him. She put her name and phone number on his "cell door" to keep them from putting him to sleep, but she already has 5 rescue dogs. What this guy really needs is to get into a rescue and out of the pound, so he can find a home.

I have information on both dogs on this page here: www.rottweiler-facts-and-info.com/rottweiler-rescues.html

Thanks for looking, or spreading the word and anything else you might do to help these babies :D

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Jenn, Hopefully this lovely dogs will find a forever home.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Martha, I sure hope so too!

I met Anne from Valhalla through a friend of a friend (both do rescue work), because of a boy in Oregon that was in need of foster/adoption, and I was considering taking him in. My husband was absolutely NOT ready - My heart is, but my conscience isn't. Anyway, I offered to help in any way I could, and he ended up staying in his foster home in Oregon and they will keep him.

So, now we've talked so much that whenever she comes across a Rottie in her rescue network she calls me. . . . .We've also agreed that when we're ready, she'll help me find a girl to rescue. I can't even believe how much I miss Chevy, he left such a gaping freak'n hole in my heart I don't know if it's ever gonna close :(

Just try'n to keep on keep'n on. . . .

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Jenn, You will always miss Chevy. I don't know anyone that talks about their former dogs without being sad and what if so many things. As a horse person an expression that is true is when you are thrown from horse you got to get back on. I think it is the same when we lose a pet we love. I only waiting a day before I started looking just to look. I kept hoping for one rottie to pop out and me and say please take me home with you. At day 3 I found Moose for sale on line. We brought him home on day 4 and have never had one regret. Life is empty without having one of these magnificent and proud dogs in our home. Follow your heart and your husband will melt just like mine did when he met Moose and Moose walked up to him and put his head in my husband's lap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts