Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is 11 months old and I want to show her. Conformation and we also want to do agility and maybe rally. How do I find shows and get into them? I sent a money order and application to join the American Rottweiler Club a couple of months ago, but I haven't heard anything back from them. Where do I look for shows?

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Does your girl have full AKC registration? This is something your breeder could help you with also. If you want to show in conformation you need to get your girl in conformation classes. The dog needs to learn how to go around the ring, and be touched by a judge, etc. Do you have a dog club in your area?

As far as knowing where shows are go to : www.akc.org and it shows things coming up in your area. Also do a search on 'Sieger shows' on google. These are the German Type of shows.

At 11 months of age you need to get her into some type of classes if you want to do agility or rally..better to start the earlier the better. Google for classes in your area. I would email the ARC and see what has happened with your application. I do think you need to be sponsored to join??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply, big black dog. i just had hand surgery so i am hunting and pecking. lol the very next day after your reply i received a package from ARC. as for classes, she has been in obedience and therapy training since 6 months. would have been earlier, but covid. not many shows in my area yet. i just thought there would be more, but maybe covid again. there is actually one in my town every summer so perhaps that will have to be her first. i will find a conformation class. thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
For sure the conformation classes are needed. See if you can find some youtube videos of 'teaching conformation' for the show ring...or something like that. The thing is you do not want them sitting down in conformation...in obedience ..."yes". You may need to change things around for her??

What does your breeder say? Does her sire and dam have their Championship titles?? You could also try finding if there are any UKC shows...those are a great way to get started in conformation. I believe that professional handlers are not allowed? and it's a less formal atmosphere for beginner showers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts