Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I just brought home a 7 week old rottie and I noticed yesterday that she was sitting funny ... her left leg bows out quite a bit and shakes. Now she is limping when she walks . I have checked her out and she doesnt seem to be in pain when i squeeze or apply pressure around the area or on her paw or shoulder. Please help...any ideas? This is her left front leg.
<!--
nopopups();
//-->

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
7 weeks is a bit early to take home a puppy,it is also a bit early to start having problems.

Call the breeder and report the problem,then take the puppy to the vet.You have 72 hours to return anything you buy.Just make the breeder aware,in case you need to take them to court.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
yes 7 weeks is a bit to early ! the pup shouldn't have left the littler till 9 , 10 weeks !Like Donna said take her to the vets now ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so is this a bad breeder to let me bring the pup home at 7 weeks. I am a first time rotti owner but I thought I did my homework. I got to meet both parents and even one of their parents. The breeder showed me all the paperwork for both parent and both of their parents which included dna reports and the dad (titan oceanus) came from a long line of world champions....I hope all this is true.So ive scheduled an app with the vet for first thing tommorrow. Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
A question for you did the breeder tell you to take the pup to a vet in 72 hours ?They should have !!! If you did your homework you would have known that a pup should NOT leave a litter so soon ! A good breeder would have not let a puppy go till they had all their shots which this pup couldn't have at 7 weeks . I don't mean to sound so abrupt but it makes me so mad when people breed and sell the pups at such a early age .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts