Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New rottweiler owner here and just got a 8 week old puppy. I've noticed that his tail is bent. It's quite brittle and hard at the curve and tip. It does not appear to be causing any pain. In pictures taken at 6 weeks there were no tail issues and it was quite straight.

Any idea what's going on?

Hand Finger Gesture Felidae Water

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Welcome to the forums! What is your pups name?? To me it looks like it may have been broken at some time? Maybe too much rough play with his littermates? or mama dog stepped on his tail? If it does not bother your pup, then I would not worry about it....unless you had plans to show him? Did you ask the breeder?? The pup should be taken to the vet for vaccines, worming and a check-up. ....ask the vet what they think.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Hi and thanks. His name is tank!

No plans to show him just hoping it's not a defect from something like inbreeding.
If he is registered and has papers...then you can look at his pedigree and see if there has been any inbreeding. I would be more worried about hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia in his future if he came from a BYB, than a crooked tail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts