Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 week old female puppy that has not had any problem going pee until this morning. My husband took her out this morning and said that when she goes pee that there is a milky discharge from the vagina. Since he's left for work at 7:45 this morning she's needed to go pee multiple times sometimes only enough to fill a teaspoon or none at all. I have no clue what this is and could realy use some help before I have to take her to the vets.

Thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It sounds like she has a urinary tract infection/vaginitis. It's very common in female pups because their vulva touches the ground when they squat to pee. You'll need to take her to the vet for some antibiotics which will clear her up in 4-5 days (vet will likely give you two weeks worth to make sure it doesn't come back). I just went through this with my pup as well. The poor girl feels like she has to go all the time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yup...sounds like puppy vaginitis - easily treated with medication - but bring a pee sample to the vet (and the puppy <lol>) just to be 100% sure :) Vet will need an accurate weight for medication anyways.

If the pup has longer hair on her vulva, you may want to trim that as well.

Reactions: Sheera'smom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rather than using medication is there a natural way too take care of the UTI? I was reading that you can use Juniper Berries in the liquid form. Had anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Rather than using medication is there a natural way too take care of the UTI? I was reading that you can use Juniper Berries in the liquid form. Had anyone heard of this?
Nope...never heard of it. A short course of antibiotics won't harm the pup. Give probiotics to replenish bacteria in the gut after meds are finished - but why not see if the dog HAS a UTI before trying to cure it?

Reactions: Sheera'smom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts