Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got our rottweiler puppies 11+ years ago, we taught our puppies to ring the sleigh bells we had hanging from our door when they needed to go potty. They were very smart puppies and caught on quickly. We also always gave them a treat when they did their potty. So one day Zeb ran to the door and rang the bells to go potty and I let he out and he went potty and got his treat. (Do you see where this is going yet?) He came back inside and about 15 min. later ran to the door and rang the bells again. This time my husband let him out and when he went potty he got his treat. He came back in and about 5 min. later BOTH puppies ran to the door and rang the bells to go potty and Doug and I looked at each other and started laughing! Maddy decided that if Zeb was going to get another treat for going potty, she was going to get one too! Needless to say, we had to take the bells off the door. I believe this would have worked had we not been giving them treats every time they went to the bathroom.! What a hoot! LOL;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
LOL very smart - I've use the same method for years, you can often miss a puppy sat waiting patiently by the door but you always hear the 'tinkle' !

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Oh they are so smart! LOL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts