Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Blu to the vet today for a check up and shots. Dallas went to get her radies, and show Blu how to ride. I had a worm test done do to the runny stool. No worms where found but stuck him on wormer anyway. And something for the runny stool. My question, If there are no worms in stool, why put him on a wormer? And can hook worms be seen in the stool? (by microscope) I was fightin mad when I left do to he did not even check his ears and I know he has ear mites. All he did tell me was he may have arthitic in his hips. He did not spend 5 minutes with Blu and just gave Dallas her shot. After he gave the price for all that I was hotter than it was outside today.

Shell

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like ya need a new vet, huh?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Ya got that right Missy !! Shell find a new vet girlfriend !!! I love mine he's your old fashioned country vet and kisses your baby ! oh and tells me that I have funny looking poodles ....
then I say shhhh they think their rottweilers...
find a new VET !!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Oh and by the way I drive over 20ty miles to my vet when there are alot of vetscloser to me .....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to start checking out other vets on my day off. He just went though Blu check up to fast and missed alot. I know he was trying to get out of the office being a saterday, but He should have set our appt, sooner if he wanted out at 12. he has never done this with Dallas.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Definitely look into another vet-I had one for my pup I had almost four years ago, and didn't like him on my first visit so I switched to a different one. He didn't listen to anything I was telling him and seemed to be of the opinion because I wasn't a vet I didn't know anything. I took my pup to another vet, told her about how my pup was acting, and she tested him and found out he had parvo. Unfortunately we lost him, but she was compassionate, and I believe made all the difference in the time he had left. We are their advocates, every pup has the right to a thorough exam, and compassionate care. If you don't feel comfortable with the vet now, get a new one. If something serious were to come up you want a vet you feel you can trust and will give him a thorough exam every time as well as take the time to listen to your concerns-sometimes a quick analysis will make the difference between a pup living, and a pup dying depending on what is wrong so a good exam is very important.There are many vets who are willing to take the time for your pup you just need to find them.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The vet I have here is also the country doctor and takes care of the zoo animals as well,he listens to what we say and always gives the dogs a good once over while we are talking.I still drive to my other vet which is almost 2 hours away for x-rays.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
See I was right, yeah! I drive my dogs to our vet who is also 20 miles away but he's the best! I didn't care for any of the vets here in town. It seems like the country vets are always the better way to go. They still care about the animals and what we have to say about them unlike the city vets who have so many clients that their overworked and always in a hurry!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have finished the meds our vet gave Blu. He seams to be more peppy now. Still a bit of the runs, but running around the yard like he is out to win a race.(Dallas still out runs him)
I explained to my husband I was going to start looking for a new vet, I did not like the way Blu was rushed in and out. He has never hurt any one or thing. And I really wanted him to take a closer look at him.

I am thinking of going to Auburn University. They have a top notch vet school there. I took our chow there where he was with us. I paid a nice gold quater, but he got 2 check ups. One by a up coming doc and on by a quailified doc. And they took the time to answer any and all questions. I wanted Blu's hips looked at, do the way he gets up and down. I could have spent the same money and got all I want there, instead I got a guess of he grew to fast. Going on my next week day off, to talk to the doc's there about them seeing our pets. Let me know what ya'll think.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Your Vet works for you if they do not have the time to look at your pets properly then find a new one.

No one can tell anything about hips just by looking at a dog.There has to be x-rays taken.

Donna

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
YOU GO GIRL !!!

Like Donna said they work for YOU ....

I know if a Doctor was that short
with me or mine ........ He
would be a long time waiting
for his dime ....

Glad to hear Blu is a part of the Family now ......

" ROTTS A RUCK "

sorry Donna I had to ......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.