Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
I'd just like some advice on my pups pedigree. Hes from adrk lines and is a great pup (17weeks now) Im experienced with the breed and am putting in all the work which me, the family and Ralph (pup) are all enjoying :D I have his 5generation papers and have looked up the dams and sires that are all registered and multi v rated etc. Is there any other checks I can do, to check the quality of his pedigree?

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Hi there
I'd just like some advice on my pups pedigree. Hes from adrk lines and is a great pup (17weeks now) Im experienced with the breed and am putting in all the work which me, the family and Ralph (pup) are all enjoying :D I have his 5generation papers and have looked up the dams and sires that are all registered and multi v rated etc. Is there any other checks I can do, to check the quality of his pedigree?

Many thanks
The pedigree did not show up....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there BBD, did you try to look? If so I can give you his pedigree name?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest I can check the parents and sires and dams going back 5 generations. Checking there hips/elbows, jlpp etc and titles, so thats probably all I need right? Grandfather is pablo von der bleichstrasse, and there are other kennels, like vom haus Neubrand etc in the lines. They are all adrk working lines, and multi v rated dogs and quite a few v1 rated. Im just very Interested to find out everything I can about his stock

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Hi there BBD, did you try to look? If so I can give you his pedigree name?
All I see is a picture of a Rottweiler puppy. No pedigree.... Give me the registered names for the sire and dam...and I can take a quick look at the pedigree. I'm no expert ....but do like to study pedigrees. Sounds like you have a well bred pup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I see is a picture of a Rottweiler puppy. No pedigree.... Give me the registered names for the sire and dam...and I can take a quick look at the pedigree. I'm no expert ....but do like to study pedigrees. Sounds like you have a well bred pup.
I see, I initially didn't expect anyone to look for me, I just put a pic up of Ralph (puppy) but thanks alot for offering. Sire is Yosch von der scherau and Dam is Nicky vom uhustein ll, Sires parents are Pablo von der bleichstrasse and Quirina von der scherau ll and dams parents are Glenn vom blauen stall and gina vom uhustein. Be interested to see what you find and thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or this might be easier View attachment 18796
I see, I initially didn't expect anyone to look for me, I just put a pic up of Ralph (puppy) but thanks alot for offering. Sire is Yosch von der scherau and Dam is Nicky vom uhustein ll, Sires parents are Pablo von der bleichstrasse and Quirina von der scherau ll and dams parents are Glenn vom blauen stall and gina vom uhustein. Be interested to see what you find and thanks
Hi bbd
I dont know if you saw the pedigree lines pic below. I meant to add you in on it and messed up. Should be on this thread

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi bbd
I dont know if you saw the pedigree lines pic below. I meant to add you in on it and messed up. Should be on this thread

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
I did get to check out the pedigree. The UK pedigrees are different then the ones we have in the US/Canada. Ours show titles.
Looks like your pup comes from a long line of some very nice dogs. What are your plans with him? Are you going to be getting some working or obedience titles on him? Your pup will need a job to do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did get to check out the pedigree. The UK pedigrees are different then the ones we have in the US/Canada. Ours show titles.
Looks like your pup comes from a long line of some very nice dogs. What are your plans with him? Are you going to be getting some working or obedience titles on him? Your pup will need a job to do.
Hi and thanks for that. Yes its a bit long winded, but if you Google each dog they are on a working dog database, all registered as adrk and titles on there. I was quite impressed as every single dog was on there, all having ADRK registration BH, ZTP, IPO and V rated titles in the ADRK show ring. As far as working him, I've always put alot into obedience with my Rotts as they can't have enough and keeping there willingness/drive up, which i know goes without saying. I've never ventured into titles but its always been in the back of my mind and I'm so passionate with them and Ralph seems a good canvas/base to work from. In terms of time, and getting started into it, what would I be looking at?

My situation is i work mon to fri and normally go straight from work 4 nights a week to my mother's house whos terminally ill and care for her and Ralph comes with me then. I did with my last dog too. Ive only just started my job this week again (1st time since having Ralph) so all of us, dog included are settling into the new routine. Going back to my mother's, Its not much but I see taking Ralph as a good thing, as they learn to be gentle around mum and have to adapt differently from our home environment. I put mum to bed relatively early and he gets some one on one time with me again. My wife is at home with Ralph and my two young kids in the day now and does the day walks and obedience drills then. So going back to your question, I imagine it will be alot of time, needed to be spent going down the titles route and as I dont see my wife and young kids in the week hardly at all, I usually make up for it at the weekends. I like to get out and about in nature with Ralph and family (as much as we can at the moment).

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mother...been there..done that...it's so hard on everyone.:cry:
The problem with having a dog with his pedigree....unless you work his mind and his body...by giving him a job...they can sometimes be hard to live with as they mature. My Jemma had hard, suspicious IPO type dogs from Yugoslavian bloodlines on her dam's side....and she really needed a job. I started by taking a class in tracking with her. I had done tracking with my previous Rottweilers....but it was nice to start with a young dog, and it was IPO type of tracking.

Just take an obedience class with your pup once things start opening up...even a once a week class that your kids could go with you also and watch. Rally obedience is fun also. If you can spare an hour for a once a week class...and spend 30 minutes a day or even less for practice it would be great to help develop a bond with your pup...and help work his mind...as well as his body. Teach him a new trick every week. When he's older buy him a vest to wear and carry things for you. Teach him to bring in the mail. My Bruno used to pull the grandkids on a sled when we had snow. So many things you can do with this breed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear about your mother...been there..done that...it's so hard on everyone.:cry:
The problem with having a dog with his pedigree....unless you work his mind and his body...by giving him a job...they can sometimes be hard to live with as they mature. My Jemma had hard, suspicious IPO type dogs from Yugoslavian bloodlines on her dam's side....and she really needed a job. I started by taking a class in tracking with her. I had done tracking with my previous Rottweilers....but it was nice to start with a young dog, and it was IPO type of tracking.

Just take an obedience class with your pup once things start opening up...even a once a week class that your kids could go with you also and watch. Rally obedience is fun also. If you can spare an hour for a once a week class...and spend 30 minutes a day or even less for practice it would be great to help develop a bond with your pup...and help work his mind...as well as his body. Teach him a new trick every week. When he's older buy him a vest to wear and carry things for you. Teach him to bring in the mail. My Bruno used to pull the grandkids on a sled when we had snow. So many things you can do with this breed.
I appreciate your kind words. My dad was caring for mum, up until about 4 years ago then he got the same illness (alzheimers and dementia combined) and is in a care home now. So last 4 years I've been doing the 4night shifts a week there. Its very hard on the whole family but I do find it rewarding sometimes just wasn't expecting it at 30years old but thats life I guess...😊 my last dog really helped me through some tough times as well as the wife and kids and it bought me closer than ever to the breed as well as my French Mastiff Leo who passed in early 2019.

Thanks for the fantastic ideas and I think with some planning I could do an hour a week. You can always learn more from someone else😊 the tracking/rallying ideas sound fun and I like the sound of the vest and sledge ideas too👍

Obedience, I done myself with my last dog but always have done classes with my others and had planned to do with Ralph anyway so thats good

I'll definately keep everyone posted and updated with pics etc. Good to be able to finally talk to people on here after reading your posts for so long

1 - 13 of 13 Posts