Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone !

I have a rottweiler 2 years old and i live in Spain.

Rody has a big bump above his eye since February (eyebrow to be precise) I went to the vet with this and they thought it was an infection from an insect bite, just let it rest for a while and eye drops...

it really didn't get any better and the bump remained.
then I went to another vet , they put him to sleep: checked with a fluorescent green liquid whether there was anything wrong with the eye itself, there was nothing wrong, then they wanted to get fluid from the bump with an injection, no to get fluid from the bump ... then they made an X RAY of his head, nothing to see on the Xray ...
then I got Prednisona 30mg home, he took 1.5 pills every 12 hours for 1 week, THE BUMP DISAPPEARED so I was sure it was due to an allergy as there was nothing else to be found.

After Prednisona, bump came back more... went back to another vet, also prescribed Prednisona...taken again just one week, after 3 days the bump came back again...while his eye was all good again 4 days back! you felt nothing at all was completely 'flat'... so now I started the Prednisona again... for the 4th time

IF it is an allergy:
I have already given him special food without beef and chicken, it didn't get any better, the bump, I have the feeling that it comes from something in nature? because if he was playing in the grasses for an hour while hiking he got it really bad... but I haven't been going into nature with him for 3 weeks and now he has the bump back?

I'm speechless and I don't know anymore...

hopefully someone has experience with this

lick of Rody
Dog Carnivore Working animal Dog breed Companion dog

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :) Rody is a very handsome fellow.
That is a nasty bump above his eye. I really don't know what it could be?? Maybe it's some sort of auto-immune thing going on? If the prednisone works for it to go down, it could be Rody's own immune system that is causing it?? I'm not sure about a food allergy. Food allergies often show up in 'ears and rears'...meaning ear infections and or diarrhea. Is the bump itchy? Does he rub it? Has the vet ever tried to check if there is a sliver or some sort of foreign object in there like a foxtail,or thorn?? Sometimes the body walls off a foreign object and closes the tissue around it.

Let us know how Rody is doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums! :) Rody is a very handsome fellow.
That is a nasty bump above his eye. I really don't know what it could be?? Maybe it's some sort of auto-immune thing going on? If the prednisone works for it to go down, it could be Rody's own immune system that is causing it?? I'm not sure about a food allergy. Food allergies often show up in 'ears and rears'...meaning ear infections and or diarrhea. Is the bump itchy? Does he rub it? Has the vet ever tried to check if there is a sliver or some sort of foreign object in there like a foxtail,or thorn?? Sometimes the body walls off a foreign object and closes the tissue around it.

Let us know how Rody is doing.
HI ! thanks for all your tips and information,
it could be an auto-immune thing... thats what we are thinking also :(
i'm now back on the Prednisone and going monday to the vet again... i thaught he checked everything? i will tell him extra to check on a thorn ect.
and yes it is itchy ! if he rubs it its painfull, and if i am puching on it it is also painfull...

i let you know how it is next week !(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dog Eye Carnivore Whiskers Companion dog

UPDATE: since today he has a red 'pimple' on the bump?!
i also started since yesterday anothe cure from prednisone for the next 10 days (1/12hrs for the first 5 days and 1/24hrs the next 5 days)
but the red pimple is very weird?

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
I would put a warm compress on it and see if you can draw out the pimple. I wonder if it's an abscess??? These dogs keep us on our toes don't they??
Hopefully it will pop/burst and that will be the end of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts