Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this article and I am furious about how they chose to headline it:

http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3862368

If you read the story you will see that it is NOTa case of a Rottweiler "attacking" its owner but a case of an owner trying to break up a nasty dog fight! I personally have written to their news department asking them to please think about how they label a story like this! We have enough problems defending our breed without some jackass reporter incorrectly headlining a story and leading people to believethat aRotti has "attacked an innocent person"! Please, if you have some time, send a quick email to these people and ask them to be more responsible about their headlines!

OK - off my soapbox now! LOL

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
This is why when haveing more then one dog in the house you have to know that if a fight does break out,Don't ever put your hands in the middle of it.Use something big to break it up.I have a big plastic baby gate sitting by the back door just in case.

I have not had to break up a fight in a long time,but you never know.After all no matter how much we love them and call them are babies,they are still dogs and will do what dogs do.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna , this is exactly what happened with my Zeus and Apollo ...and my son getting bit , he learned not to put his hands in-between the dogs ! Thank god he didn't get it bad ! But now the sad thing isI had to take my Apollo up to my Mother-in laws he can't be here with Zeus , as you already know they got into it bad again the other day and it was a big fight ! The next time I think one of them would really hurt each other seriously so thats why I had to put Apollo at her home for now . The good thing is he is with one of his sister's there and will have a playmate , they only live a mile away so I can still see him everyday if I want.... and he will be spoiled !!! Zena is big time ! Thats his sister's name . But it's still hard for me he's my little boy
I will say it has been quiet here since he's been gone ....guess who was the hell-yen ! I can't see getting him neutered either now because I really don't think it would make a difference . He wants that top dog title ! Well he hasthe titlenow at my mother-in-laws ! So until myZeus goes to doggie heavenApollo is at his grams with his sister....I seen him last night andI still miss him bad but it's for the best

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awww Kitty. I'm sorry that Apollo had to go live with your MIL. I am sure it is very hard, even though you know it was best for everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.