Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A close friend of mine has had five beautiful Rotty pups born about 4 days ago now, sadly we have noticed, whilst examining them
that this one little girl has been born without an opening to her anus, you can clearly see the anus, but it's definitely sealed, there
appears to be a little bit of faeces by her Vaginal opening....i looked it up for her, as she hasn't any internet access, and i found
that its called a Atresia ani :confused:
Is this common in Rottweiler pups, and in Rotty pups that have had this, how often has it been the serious kind, as there is apparently
up to 4 different versions to this abnormality. We're hoping it's just a case of her opening is just sealed.....but i guess we'll find out as soon
as the vet gets to exterminate her. But, what can i tell my friend about this ailment..?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Didn't heard this before! Sounds new to me, hope you find some good information here soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know, sadly i only knew of it because 2 years ago a kitten i had, had been born with the same abnormality, she had to be operated on, bless her...but i'm glad she survived, she was such a wee little thing....but she has gone on from strength to strength, and i only hope this little pup stands the same chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts