Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were at our first specialty on Friday, in San Diego. Gia went in, but luckily our breeder had her handler, Cheryl Cates take Gia in for us, so I didn't have to face my fears and handle her myself! Ha! But there were 4 girls in 6-9 month w/ her, and she took 2nd, not bad for her first real show! They thought the one whotook firstlooked more mature than Gia, which sounds about right to me. Anyway, Donna, we saw 2 of her brothers! Wendi brought the one she kept, and his name is Iron Chancellor' Fly By G,and he goes by Jagger.Wendi said she kept him because he reminded her most of Schatze. He took first in his class in sweepstakes and regular conformation, and he took first on Saturday at the regular show, too. Here are a couple pics of him. He was very sweet!

Her other brother, ChancellorG Rocky Rhodes, took 2nd to him both times, with 2 other puppies in the class. I took pics of him too, but they weren't good at all. He looks JUST like Gia though, with a smaller frame than Jagger, and a head just like my girl.

FINALLY...on the way home yesterday we stopped at the beach for the first time with Gia, and she was a little nervous about the waves, but she had lots of fun!

She was sad when we drove away!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
CONGRATS ! 2nd for your first time out is great

Wish I could go to a beach

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, 2bad, I'm sad we can't take her to a beach more often, too. But we're in AZ, and it was a 6 hour drive for us to San Diego. She had so much fun though, I might just have to talk my hubby into driving us to the specialty in May, too!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Congrats I bet it was exciting.And second ain't so shabby either.

Cheryl is a great Rottweiler handler.She handled Daddy too.I will have to make sure I keep an eye out for her brother in the future.Big Schatze fan here.

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! I know you are Donna! I wish I'd seen him in the flesh! There aren't even too many pictures I can find of him! Oh well. Yes, her brother was a good boy. Right when I met Cheryl I thought she was the one in the pictures with Schatze, so I asked, and Wendi said yes. She did a good job from what I saw, and was VERY busy showing for Wendi, and also showing some boxers the next day.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Cheryl has been showing dogs for Wendy for a while now.

I have some pictures of Schatze.I can pm them to you.I will first have to go thru all my old Quartleys and look at alll those Rottweiler pictures.(be back in about a Month)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Brandi... How much does she weigh right now and what is her exact age ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys! Yes, Donna I'd love you to pm me some pics of Schatze. Thanks, and I'll see you in a month then!
And 2bad, she's almost 9 months old, will be exactly 9 months on the 29th, so I think this Wednesday. She's not gonna be all that big, I don't think. I guess her mom was about 85 pounds.But as of this morning she weighs 69 pounds. Maybe we'll break the big 70 by her 9 month"birthday" on Wednesday. We'll see! Ha!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thank you ! I was just wondering how big she was because I'm thinking Gretchen is a pigmy. Gretch is going to be 8 months on the first of the month and she weighs 68 pounds. She just looks so tiny compared to Dylan at 155

Seems as though you are really enjoying yourself. Keep having fun and keep updating us.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Congrats Brandi ! Gia is a gorgeous girl ! Sounds like you had a blast at the show and the beach ....the beach pic is awesome !

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, don't worry 2bad, that's even a bit bigger than Gia was at that age. Gia's not going to be enormous or anything, but I think they're probably normal. Plus you have a huge boy you see her next to all the time! Ha! Thanks Kitty, I was proud of her! I love her on the beach too, thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats, Brandi! That is great. Great pics, too! Where in AZ are you? I grew up there and lived there for 27 years - can't wait to get back!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Donna! The picture looks good on her page. The specialty was the "Southwestern Rottweiler Club of San Diego 'Rotti Gras', 8th Annual Specialty & Sweepstakes". And thank you Samsmom. Well, my husband and I are from Kingman, in northwestern AZ, but right now we're living in Mesa. What part did you grow up in?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts