Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GSP and new Rotti pup just love bananas has anyone else tried their dogs on them ??

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Bananas are a favorite around here. As our blueberries, strawberries, melon chunks, bell pepper, carrots, etc. Almost all fruit and veggies most dogs like. Except for onion, garlic and avocado and grapes...almost all fruits and veggies are shared around here. It's good for them! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bananas have seemed to need an adjustment period with some of our dogs - Luc (GSD) never could figure them out, whereas Neb devoured them from the get-go. Agis is like with everything else fruit/vegetable, he will spit them out until he watches the others eat them a few times, and then! a lightbulb goes off! This is food. Heh

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bananas have seemed to need an adjustment period with some of our dogs - Luc (GSD) never could figure them out, whereas Neb devoured them from the get-go. Agis is like with everything else fruit/vegetable, he will spit them out until he watches the others eat them a few times, and then! a lightbulb goes off! This is food. Heh
:LOL:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My GSP and new Rotti pup just love bananas has anyone else tried their dogs on them ??
My dogs like almost all fruit apart from the ones that are a no-no. In fact they go and pick their own fruit and veg. Digging out sweet potato is a favourite past-time., and I once saw Rascal pinch a pineapple. Took it of him quick lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
That sweet potato reminds me, @amberley - I tend to be a lot more relaxed then my husband about food that falls on the floor. I was making a soup with sweet potato once, Neb was in the kitchen with me. Chopping the sweet potato up and a piece accidentally fell on the floor. Neb grabbed it. I grabbed Neb and took the sweet potato from him (I reacted too fast to use 'drop it'), and then plopped it in the soup (it WAS boiling after all). Didn't tell my husband until he was eating it for lunch one day.

So how do you like the soup Sweetie?
Yeah, it's good!
About that...

He was upset. I think that was silly of him, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts