Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elsa, my 17month old female has developed a new habit of barking at everyone and especially dogs that pass by our home. We live in the typical suburban neighborhood, with lots of dogs and neighbors. I don't mind her giving a warning/"hello there is a dog living here", bark...but I donÂ’t want her barking her head off like a fool. So we have started attempting the "quiet" command. Problem is, by the time I get her to settle down the "bad guy" has left. So I think she has accomplished her task and the training isnÂ’t working. I know some, if not all of you, have dealt with this. So what have you done to fix it?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks

~Kim

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
As soon as she barks have her come in,Good dog outside bad dog inside.

Scarlet does not bark as much now since if she barks she has to come in and lay down.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Thats exactly what I do with my 4 ...if they start barking outside...I say no bark then call them inside... I also use the no bark inside also ...then call them over to me and make them sit .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all,

Elsa is indoors usually when this happens. Do you allowyour dogsto bark at all? Or just a few barks and then have them come over to you if they continue to act foolish...as long as there isnt something or someone that they are alerting you to

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
When I am home I do not allow them to bark.As soon as they do then I tell them no bark.If you let them bark a little and then yell at them,they don't know why you are yelling,since it was okay up till then.

They should not be allowed to bark at people passing whether,they are in or out of the house.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'm with Donna ....as soon as they barkI say no bark ....then call them away from the door or window and make them sit ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay thanks all...yesterday I started the no bark training. I hope to gain controll over this issue. She really can be a fool at times, but I can be too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.