Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rottweiler,his name is bear,all of a sudden yelps real loud out of nowhere. He has never done this before today.......he seems as though he's in alot of pain...but for only a few seconds. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi , and welcome ..... we are going to need a little more info about your bear ....how old is he ? has he been out running ? There can be allot of things going on with him ..if he keeps it up you should take him to the vets !

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wow, that is hard to try to help without seeing him. Have you checked everything outside of his body like his feet, legs , etc ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys...thanks for responding. Bear is about 7 years old and approximately 120 lbs. I had him out for a long walk today and he seemed fine. He does not run off so I'm assuming he didn't ingest anything. I felt around his ribs on his right side and he yelped, but he's been yelping while standing up and eating. He still has his appetite and his normal gas(I'm plugging my nose as we speak) I just can't figure this one out. By the way,my name is scott

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
If you don't see anything wrong like a cut on his paw or a limp, I'd take him for a VET check

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi Scott, now that you have posted twice you can talk to us in the chat box to your left one on one ...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I would get him in to the vet right away tomorrow.

They can hide pain really well so to cry out loud he must be really in pain.

And welcome to the forum

Donna

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey everybody....just wanted to let you know that bear spent today at the vets and tested a strong positive for lime disease. He also had a tick deep in his ear as well as some back pain. Anyway...I feel that he was definitely abused by the owners before us....I only wish I could be locked in a room somewhere for a little payback. I thank all of you for responding....bear is now home and recovering from being knocked out. Hopefully these antibiotics do the trick. Have a good night everybody...............scott

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Scott, good thing you took your bear to the vet . Lime disease can do allot of damage or even kill youdog . Glad to hear he will be on the mend now! How long have you had your bear ? Thank goodness he found you ! I look at this way what goes around comes around sooner or later they will get whats coming to them without you having to do a thing ! Now keep us posted on how he is doing !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had bear for 2 years now and he's the best dog I've ever had. The previous owners left him off on the side of a highway in connecticut and took off. I've had 5 dogs in my lifetime before bear and he's been the cream of the crop so far. When his last day comes(hopefully later than sooner) I will not hesitate to get another rottie. I love the breed.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Scott, my favo saying about Rotties is ( like Lays potatoe chips ) you can't just stop at having one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts