Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So the bells work like magic, Gia is now ringing them every time she has to go. However, she also rings them any time she would enjoy a romp in the grass. Smart little girl. I would like to know what you guys would do. I don't want to stop and have her thinking, "oh, I guess it doesn't work after all." BUT, I also want her to know it's not a way to go play. So far I've taken her out every time, but if she doesn't show signs of trying to go potty, and just tries to play, we come right back in. Sometimes, she rings it, we go potty, walk back in, she rings it again. (AFTER #1 AND #2). So what would you guys do? Should I ignore it at certain times?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Does she get to go out just to play?If so try using different doors.Back door potty front door play and or going some where.That might make her stop ringing just to go out if she learns that play is out a different door.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Brandi , glad the bell works for you ....when I used it for kitty I had a lead out front that I hooked her up to off of my porch . I live on a dead end st. so I really wasn't worried about other dogs or anybody coming up to my yard ( she would warn me and them ifsomeone did ) can you do that where you live ? She loved to neb sh#t out front ! Sometimes I block off the porch now so she still can

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't do that with her right now, but we'll be moving in about2 months, so I think I'll try that at the new place!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Whatever you do...don't reprimand her if she plays with it!!! Creasey Bear is 3 1/2 months and she was beginning to use the bell and we were thrilled. Then it got to the point where she would play with it and even carry it around the house to chew on. I taped it to the floor and everytime she tried to chew the tape I would reprimand her. Now she won't go anywere near it!!! Good Lord! Damned if you do...damned if you don't.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Now she thinks the bell is bad.We don't have to have a bell here as they are always going out side.

There seems to be dogs out side all day long.

Donna

·
Registered
253 Posts
Bells for going to the toilet??? I have never heard of this but am thinking its a great idea! What do I do? Where do I put it? How do I teach them to use it and does any bell work or is it a particular bell???

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Just get a big bell on a ribbion or rope.Hang it from the door you will be taking them out of(it needs to hang low enough for them to hit it with their noses).

Push the bell and say whay ever you say for potty.You can then after a while let them touch it and soon they should be ringing it every 10 seconds to get you to take them out side.

Donna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.