Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best-Rottweiler.jpg

I’m a big fan of the Rottweiler. That big head, the goofy smile, its protective nature. But the Rotties at this year’s Westminsters bring more than goofiness to the premier dog show in the United States. I was up close and personal with the 17 Rottweilers at the show, but unfortunately, none of them were free to play with me!

Here are the best Rottweilers at the 2017 Westminster Dog Show:

Best of Breed: GCHP CH Big Beach’s Rhumba Man

Best-Rottweiler-1.jpg

Best of Opposite Sex: GCHG CH Misty Lakes Reign At Dark Waters RN BN CGC

Best-Rottweiler-2.jpg

Select Dog: GCHS CH Big Beach’s Surfin Safari

Best-Rottweiler-3.jpg

Select Bitch: GCHB CH Redyre High Society CGC

Best-Rottweiler-4.jpg

~Petguide.com

·
Registered
651 Posts
That is fascinating what the breed body standard currently is. Since we only adopt Rotties (since the first 2) we have had all types of body types. Some have been cut and lean build, some have been chunky monkeys. We have loved them all, big or small, whatever. Our current girl has this type of chunky body type and it's very similar to my very first and second Rottie girls (the two in the middle were leaner). I was wondering if she was typical or not to what is currently being bred. When you adopt you never know breeding and it never mattered to me, still doesn't, but it's interesting to see that my Fiona is typical of the current body type. She has a lot more golden in her though, much prettier than these Rottie's faces, and in fact is most similar to my very first Rottie (who I bought in the early 80s) who had a very golden face as well. I like that look a lot, the golden face and golden legs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Westminster after this years BIS!!! I'm also a German Shepherd person. The German Shepherd standard clearly states that small barely noticeable white spots on the chest, etc. are acceptable but not desirable. The more noticeable the spots the more it becomes a fault to a serious fault. White under coats are not permitted!

article on BIS Rumor the serious faulty German Shepherd foo foo show dog! How Rumor the German shepherd came out of retirement to win best in show at Westminster | National Post

Hence if a dog Rottweiler or GSD has even one foo foo show name in its pedigree or with the kennels offspring. I wont buy a dog from them period!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts