Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEWARE OF HSUS

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  big black dogs 
#1 ·
Sorry for filling up the most recent posts section. This is serious stuff. HSUS now has paid lobyists in 34 states and has helped draft legislation in each of these states. We are in a fight for our lives to save our pets.We need emails, faxes, phone calls and personal visits with our legislatures. Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote.

We are a few months into 2009 and have been overwhelmed with legislative issues. Not only do we have local Breed Bans to contend with but also legislation on the state wide level. The erosion of our rights as purebred dog owners, breeders, and enthusiasts are in grave peril. We are losing our rights to ownership, one right at a time. In this time of trouble we can no longer stand in apathetic quietness smug in our beliefs that these things will not happen in our community. I once brought an issue up to a friend and was told no worry and he would not have to do anything to fight the issue as ‘it won’t happen here, so I’m not worried’. (fight is still on in his state) What are we seeing in state legislation? Reported are state wide breed bans, mandatory spay/neuter (our purebreds are not exempt), breeder bills (all breeders are puppy mills) are huge. Where is this coming from? We elect our representives to the state legislative bodies. Are they listening to us? Probably not. How many of you stay in contact with your representative? Do you even know their name? How many letters, phone calls, and personal visits have you conducted? Probably none. So why are these bills being written? Where do they come from? Pressure from the fanatical Animal Rights groups. The largest culprit is the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The HSUS tugs on the heart strings of millions of people. They use isolated incidents and catastrophic events to convince people to donate to the cause of saving animals. Reality is, they are not tied to any real humane organizations and rarely give to any animal relief efforts. Katrina effort is one exception but only after the Louisiana attorney general launched an inquiry into the reported money that was raised. Still only a small portion on donations was released by HSUS. HSUS is supported by millions of small donations given by Americans. People that believe their money is going to helping animals. Complete financial tax returns can be viewed on HSUS website. [url]http://www.hsus.org/about_us/annual_reports_financial/annual _reports_financial_statements.html [/url].
HSUS has direct ties with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Ingrid Newkirk, president and founder of PETA is allies with Wayne Pacelle, head of HSUS. HSUS hired Pacelle from Cleveland AmoryÂ’s Fund for Animals. There is a direct line of the Amory to Ingrid Newkirk. Other PETA employees and associates are now employed at HSUS. PETA is using the influence of HSUS to undermine our rights and to carry on the determination of the extinction of the domestic animal.

There is much more to the article, but I hope you get the drift. We need action and help to combat the bad bills being introduced. PM me if you would like to know what is going on in your state.

See less See more
#2 ·
On this site, our members can learn a great deal about BSL. In the
table of contents, under 'Rottweilers' is a BSL Info link. Check it out
everyone.

#5 ·
Thorvone said:
Which part?

I reread and answered my own question. Yes, we do need to write our legislature to voice our opinions. While I'm unemployed, I should be doing more of that...

In California there was a bill on mandatory spay/neuter ready for the voters, but the write of the bill pulled it himself. He received such negative feedback from so many different groups, he realized it wasn't written correctly. It would have had a big impact on breeders and pet owners. Although there is still the problem of too many unwanted pets...

#6 ·
Interesting Julie. I double checked California Senate site and the bill has not been pulled. You might want to write some more letters and attend this meeting.

SB 250, the mandatory sterilization and pet tax bill, will be heard by the California Senate Local Government Committee this Wednesday, April 15, 2009, at 9:30am in Room 112 of the State Capitol.

SB 250 will result in more dogs and cats being sent to shelters and killed according to analysis of similar legislation (AB 1634) by the California Department of Finance. In addition, SB 250 is a new tax on responsible pet owners.

#8 ·
JulsRottiQ said:
Thorvone,

I'm a news junky - internet, AM radio, TV -and I haven't heard anything of what this article conveys. What is your source for this article? Thanks.

Sorry if you feel I am patronizing. I was under the impression from your post that you were well read!When you posted that the bill in California had been withdrawn I was very excited, only to find it was not true.

#9 ·
You have to be aware of HSUS. It is a very dexterous society, which is engaged in saving the lives of pets and animals. For this, they need varieties of information like legislatures, personal visits, phone calls, faxes and emails. They physically visit with their legislatures.

#10 ·
HSUS is not engaged in saving lives of pets and animals. Extinction is not saving lives it is taking lives.

#11 ·
Hmm, sounds like if you want to have pets, Guns, or any other freedom, that getting out of Californacatia might be First on the list of TO DO's, problem is, there is NO other place to go that is not messed up by we the sheeple.

Can ya tell that I am fed up with GOV. Crap? Hell, we can hardly live with all the laws we have now, let alone Honestly follow them all. Most of our state employees don't even know the laws they profess to administrate .

I Hurry up Collapse, we need to re-boot for Honesty and Liberty in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.