Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<DIV id=post_message_637473>Hi Guys...

I recently put Marcino on a product called BiologicVet Joint for his HD. I find it rather expensive as we go through 1 jar per week at a cost of 40$ CDN.

I want to know if I can be getting something better for my money.

Here is the nutritional information:

NUTRITION INFORMATION - Per Scoop (5g) (per 4.5 kg /10 lbs. of animal)
35 mg - FlamaVector: Boswellia serrata (40% boswellic acid), R+ alpha lipoic acid, n-acetyl cysteine, grapeseed extract (95% proanthocyanidins)
485 mg - CartilageVector: methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine hydrochloride, glucosamine sulfate, proline
300 mg - PeptideVector: Cold filtered cross-flow membrane isolated whey peptides
175 mg - GlutamineVector: Glutamine peptides, free-form glutamine, alanyl-glutamine dipeptide
125 mg - EnzymeVector: Bromelain 1000 GDU, Papain 3000 MCU, pancreatic lipase, aspergillus oryzae enzyme yield [broad cross section of lipases, proteases and amylases]
86mg - CofactorVector: calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, manganese citrate, potassium citrate, zinc citrate, vitamin C (ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate), vitamin E (alpha tocopheryl succinate), vitamin A (Palmitate), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), selenomethionine
Non-Medicinal Base: 3794mg
Ground flaxseed, free-range chicken meat powder, soy extract powder, whole egg powder, organic whole apple powder, purified apple pectin, fructo- oligosaccharides, taurine, BioaminopeptaseTM (proprietary carrier peptides: facilitate nutrient delivery).
Macronutrient Profile: Protein: 33.5% Carbohydrate: 38.3% Fat: 11.0% GAG: 6.3%

TISSUE REGENERATION
BioJOINT is more than a passive supply of glucosamine and other joint tissue building blocks. It is a distinctly complex and carefully engineered formula, supplying nitric oxide regulators, chondrocyte activators, and powerful herbal anti-inflammatory ingredients. Here is a snapshot of how it works: Chondrocytes are cells that manufacture cartilage building bocks (proteoglycans and collagen) from glucosamine and other essential nutrients. Without chondrocyte activators, glucosamine supplementation is futile. The aging body loses its capacity to produce internal antioxidants and poor antioxidant status contributes to nitric oxide mis-regulation, interfering with chondrocyte cartilage production, thus inhibiting cartilage reconstruction. BioJOINT includes the research-documented strategy of precise antioxidant activity with the right glucosamine combination and carefully selected, correctly proportioned nitric oxide regulators.

THE VALUE OF SULPHUR
Sulfur is a key component of the cartilage protein cross-linking and anti-inflammatory protection. Without this essential mineral, complete tissue regeneration is not possible. The significantly less expensive glucosamine hydrochloride may work for young animals with joint damage but not for antioxidant-deprived animals (undernourished, stressed, or senior years). Research supports the use of the more costly glucosamine sulfate, which is crucial for structural support. It is also important for nitric oxide regulation in joints. A precisely proportioned dose of chondroitin further supports the activation of joint regeneration. In addition, this nutraceutical technology includes the natural potency of COX enzyme inhibition for powerful anti-inflammatory activity without the common gastrointestinal dangers associated with ASA-containing drugs and other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

Therapeutic Use:
Administer daily to animals with stiff or injured joint tissue including hip dysplasia.
Preventive Use:
Senior Animals: Administer at label recommended dose for senior animals (5+ years) to prevent joint deterioration and eliminate pain associated with age-related wear.
Sporting Animals: Administer at label recommended dose but only two to three times weekly to support joint tissue recovery and prevent premature wear.

*All claims supported by extensive scientific referencing in the book, Potential Within: A Guide to Nutritional Empowerment, by nutraceutical researcher Franco Cavaleri. This book is designed to teach human health strategies which have been modified by Biologic Nutritional Research Inc. to produce the BiologicVETnxTM formulations.*

Your feedback is appreciated!

Cheers - V</DIV>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My pup Rhea has problems with her joints and muscles , I give her a tablet once a day it's called Glyco-Flex lll . It has 120 tablets and cost me about $ 50 .

Active Ingredents per tab are

Gllucosamine HCl 1000 mg

Methylsulfonylmethane ( MSM ) 1000mg

Perna canaliculus 600 mg

(Green-Lipped ) Mussel N.N-Dimethyglycine HCI 100mg

Vitamin E ( dl-Tocopheryl Acetate ) 50 IU

Calcium Ascorbate ( Vitamin C ) 30 mg

Manganese ( as Manganese Amino Acid Chelate 10 mg

Grape Seed Extract 5 mg

L-Glutathione 2 mg

Salanium ( as Sodium Selenite ) 0.002 mg

Inactive Ingredents

brewers yeast, cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, silcon dioxide, smoke flavor acid.

I ran out a few weeks ago and I could see the difference in how she got up and walked right away , so off to the vets I went to get them ! I give my other two Synovi G3 it's a nutritional supplement , one tab a day . I don't know if this would be any better for your pup but for now it seems to help my Rhea . She's 18 months old .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colleen...

Where can I find this product? (I'm in Canada... may be hard) Also... 1 tablet a day (is that based on Rhea's weight)

Cheers - Vanessa

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I had Zelda on all that stuff for her joints,I was spending a fortune (not that she was not worth it).Then I bought her a water bed (super single )Turned the heat up all the way.She used that thing for two years and she was not stiff getting up any more while on it.I think the heat and the water really helped.

No other dog was allowed on it (her rules) If they were on it,they got off as soon as she got on.The other dogs are using it now and love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I had space for a water bed in my 4 1/2.... buh-lieve... it would be mine and I would not share with Marcino

That's actually pretty neat though... she must have been one happy dog.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Vanessa, I get it at my vets , and it's not based on weight . Rhea is so used to it now she takes it like a treat not wrapped in anything
it's a big like a half dollar ....she just chews it right up ....

I know what you mean about the heat Donna . I have hot water heat and Rhea loves laying by them and they get HOT ! I figure it must feel good on her joints ...she's the only one that does it .

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
I still useing salmon oil caps

every morn he gets his asprin and his salmon oil cap and garlic tab

he is not sick or stiff .. his breath smells but a small price 4 health

this goof ball loves his meds ..... he wants more i think

eats them right up like a big boy ..... but he started taking meds

at like 6 months .... so he is used to them ......

not sure if salmon oil would work for HD .... i think it is more to

prevent it ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am actually giving him wild salmon oil right now (primarily for his coat). I did not know that it plays a role in the prevention of HD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts